Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tumblesophie Quote
they said they had bought a box of ME Super bodies at an auction
...red flag! Repair techs frequently keep unrepairable bodies as a source for parts and sometimes will sell several in a lot as "parts only". Chances are body #2 also has problems.

Steve

09-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...red flag! Repair techs frequently keep unrepairable bodies as a source for parts and sometimes will sell several in a lot as "parts only". Chances are body #2 also has problems.

Steve
I figured it might be something along those lines, but it's no bother. I'll end up with 2 cameras for £4, so if the worst happens I'll have plenty of spare parts! Might get lucky and be able to get a working camera from the two though.
09-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #18

Original Poster
I got the second camera from the seller and the shutter fires perfectly on this one! The aperture lever ring seems to be stiff and feels a bit gritty when turning the aperture ring on the lens though. Any thoughts on how to fix it?