Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Displaying your collection

I have been reading the "Introduce your film SLR" thread over the past few days and it's been nice drooling over the perfectly posed and light-tented classic equipment that you all have. One thing that seems to be missing from that thread, as well as from this forum in general (yes, I've searched), is an abundance of photos that show how you have your collections displayed. Do you keep them locked away in Pelican cases, locked in a safe, stuffed between pairs of socks or other unmentionables in a drawer, or have them proudly on display in a gorgeous leaded glass display case?

I'm personally interested in the latter so I don't need to see any boring old pics of your Pelican cases or underwear drawers. So let's see 'em (the leaded-glass display cases, that is)!

09-23-2016, 12:31 AM - 5 Likes   #2
UMC

Well - you asked for it...
Attached Images

09-23-2016, 02:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm envious of all those shop display stands! That's quite a collection of them.
09-23-2016, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UMC Quote
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! That's literally four times the collection that I have but like I said, I've only been collecting for about six weeks.

09-23-2016, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

That looks like it's in a store. Who arranges brand names next to each piece of their gear. But, hey, why not.
09-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice display.

I really like the red flat display qubes.
09-24-2016, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Very nice display and I agree that the brand displays add to it!

The one problem I have found since putting my display up is the mirror back is a problem. When people come to visit, the first thing they do is take a photo with my display and the mirror messes up their flash camera phones since it is a bit of an attraction . . .

09-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Very nice display and I agree that the brand displays add to it!

The one problem I have found since putting my display up is the mirror back is a problem. When people come to visit, the first thing they do is take a photo with my display and the mirror messes up their flash camera phones since it is a bit of an attraction . . .
I LOVE this display case. Beautiful. I would only need something about half that size (for now).
09-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
I LOVE this display case. Beautiful. I would only need something about half that size (for now).
I rotate stuff from the back.

But just like garages, the bigger they are the more stuff you pack in it!
09-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I get it. I bought a gun safe a number of years ago thinking that it was as big as I would ever need. Now I'm trying to get my kids to come and get their deer rifles and such out of it and take them to their own houses so I can have more room for my new acquisitions.
09-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staples metal cabinets with adjustable shelves. (They come in various sizes, with lockable doors.)

Phil.
09-29-2016, 10:02 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My wife does not consider a camera a home decorative accessory.
09-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
UMC

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
...But just like garages, the bigger they are the more stuff you pack in it!
On the other hand I kept filling up my shelf until everyone (including my wife) said: "It is nice, but it is too crowded."

Finally we ended up having 3 showcases of different sizes, one containing the contemporary DSLR stuff, one smaller with point and shoot (from 1938 till digital) and the large one shown above, containing SLRs from 1976-1998.

Regarding the display stands: I'm still missing one for Vivitar (lens, not flash), Samyang and Osawa. Ebay hasn't turned up any of these in 3 years.

BTW, LesDMess' cabinet looks really great - classic wood and glass!

Last edited by UMC; 09-30-2016 at 10:12 AM.
09-30-2016, 09:47 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BTW, what are the dimentions of this cabinet?
09-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #15
UMC

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
BTW, what are the dimentions of this cabinet?
The one shown in the picture is 60cm wide and 200cm high. The depth is a little less than 20cm - which is not possible otherwise in the location were I have set it up, but it is not advantageous with respect to my addiction for display stands ;-)