Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #46
Pentaxian

The real problem with anything other than a Pentax is finding someone who will do a good CLA at reasonable cost.

Eric Hendrickson prefers to work on Pentax bodies.
He may be persuaded to take a crack at another brand, but only on a "best effort" basis.

Chris

09-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ontarian50 Quote
But I do think we'll find that the later M42 Ricohs weren't made for them by Mamiya, but Cosina. There's quite the family resemblance there.
What about the unique 1970 M42 mount Ricoh TLS-401 with dual viewfinder? I have never seen another that was remotely similar to it.

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Another interesting claim I came across is that the F-mount lenses Ricoh and Mamiya sold for the Singlex will not work on any other Nikon than the Nikkorex.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This is true. It has been a few years since I played with the Singlex at a local shop, but I seem to remember that Nikkors would mount to the Singlex, but the F-mount Rikenon (55/1.4???) would not mount back to a Nikon body.

Steve

The Rikenon "F mount" lens will not mount in a Nikon but a Nikon F mount lens will mount on the the Ricoh Singlex due to difference between "A" & "B" shown below.

I still say that a Ricoh camera body page shuld be started to document these.
09-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I still say that a Ricoh camera body page shuld be started to document these.
Yeah. The best we have is kind of lacking...

The Unofficial Guide to Ricoh Cameras and Rikenon Lenses
09-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
What about the unique 1970 M42 mount Ricoh TLS-401 with dual viewfinder? I have never seen another that was remotely similar to it.
I saw one in a shop about five years ago, but the dual viewfinder was toast. Monster camera. Yours looks to be in decent shape.

Steve

09-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #50
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Yeah. The best we have is kind of lacking...

The Unofficial Guide to Ricoh Cameras and Rikenon Lenses
Ja! Doktor Ricoh!

Yes, there were elves somewhere making Ricoh cameras and lenses. Too bad Herr Doktor neglected to include other than thumbnail versions of the camera and lens photos

Steve