Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Finally looked in a side pocket

I've been using my K1000 for about 10 yrs after I grabbed it from my folks basement where it lay neglected for decades. Finally cleaning out a corner of my basement and looked thru the bag they used. A few old rolls of Kodak chrome elite 400. It'll be interesting!

09-28-2016, 02:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Always worth a shot!
09-28-2016, 03:36 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Depending on how old it is, you might want to knock it down an ISO stop or two. I know print film gets slower with age; can anyone who shoots slide film confirm or deny that the same thing happens there? This is especially important because IIRC slide film tends to have a very narrow latitude for exposure when compared to print; you need to get it right straight out of the camera.
09-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the ISO tip - if anything interesting comes from the roll I'll post it.

09-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Depending on how old it is, you might want to
knock it down an ISO stop or two. I know print film gets slower with
age; can anyone who shoots slide film confirm or deny that the same
thing happens there? This is especially important because IIRC slide
film tends to have a very narrow latitude for exposure when compared
to print; you need to get it right straight out of the camera.
It does, though I don't know if the same rule of thumb applies for ISO adjustment with reversal films as with negative ones.

Depending on the age, there should also be some colour shifting visible. I seem to recall hearing that Elite Chrome was the same as Ektachrome, so don't be surprised if the resultant images turn out
somewhat blue-ish.