Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those last two especially have a 3-d thing going on.

Another thing about film - although we're all lusting after some old body or old lens, let's admit it! - I for one find being off the digital treadmill for a while refreshing. It's just simpler not having to get all anxious about the pixel performance of the latest 12-800mm day-glo lens from this manufacturer vs. the 13.5-850 from the other, and which one has bf, and what's wrong with my pixels.

Coming back to digital from the film perspective puts that sort of gear obsession into the correct order of importance.

08-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Jonson
Those images are great. really good contrast, especially for tri-x..
You obviously know what your doing...I am sure your friend was really proud, I would be...
08-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Here is an image I shot with Tri-x of my mother a few months back.
I love this picture allot and of course the subject of my pic.
Underexposed a tad, but I think that is what I like about it.
08-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Jonson
Those images are great. really good contrast, especially for tri-x..
You obviously know what your doing...I am sure your friend was really proud, I would be...
Thanks a lot. What really works well in B&W is the contrast between light and shadow. And this is exactly what is hard with digital, and also colour film.
Your picture has the same, a lot of mood, with the light from the window and the darker interior creating an atmosphere around the subject.

I like how digital can give me the EXIF info, so that I know what to do differently another time. And you can afford to blow more pictures, and try things out. But all this has just increased my interest in the photo heritage, and going back to the basics; is a learning experience.