Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2019, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd love to get this pinhole image printed up.

Hertfordshire gate par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

11-30-2019, 05:53 PM - 2 Likes   #92
Pentaxian

Most of the stuff I have hanging isn't mine, but I do have two that are. (The second one is hanging as it makes my partner giggle every time they think of it.)

11-30-2019, 06:22 PM - 1 Like   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
(The second one is hanging as it makes my partner giggle every time they think of it.)
Now I am too(t).
12-08-2019, 06:31 PM - 5 Likes   #94
Veteran Member

This was a nice thread to resurrect.
I find it hard to judge which photo or photos are my best. With that said, I'd probably put this one on my book.

I took this back in 2012 with some expired APX100. I had never really shot expired film before and tried it out on some sand dunes. Developed with Tmax developer and ended up with some pretty extreme grain and uneven contrast - but for me it really worked.

12-08-2019, 07:07 PM - 4 Likes   #95
Lab

My wife really liked this panoramic view so it is hanging in the hallway
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
12-08-2019, 09:45 PM - 2 Likes   #96
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
This was a nice thread to resurrect.
I find it hard to judge which photo or photos are my best. With that said, I'd probably put this one on my book.

I took this back in 2012 with some expired APX100. I had never really shot expired film before and tried it out on some sand dunes. Developed with Tmax developer and ended up with some pretty extreme grain and uneven contrast - but for me it really worked.
It does really work for me as well. I quite like that.

---------- Post added 12-08-19 at 09:09 PM ----------

This is one of a good number from my last print batch that was hung in two spots in town last year.
I'm actually glad this one didn't sell, at least for now. It's my lady's favorite. It's a 36x24 facemount on 1/4" acrylic on stand-offs.
Definitely been one my personal favs. It's nearly 3 dimensional in person, partly due to the "poor" rendering of the Rodenstock 105.

Enter Here

Franka Rolfix II | Rodenstock Trinar | Lomography Color 100
12-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
It does really work for me as well. I quite like that.

This is one of a good number from my last print batch that was hung in two spots in town last year.
I'm actually glad this one didn't sell, at least for now. It's my lady's favorite. It's a 36x24 facemount on 1/4" acrylic on stand-offs.
Definitely been one my personal favs. It's nearly 3 dimensional in person, partly due to the "poor" rendering of the Rodenstock 105.

Enter Here
Thanks!
And I can see how your picture would look great printed big. It would look good in a house hanging on a wall

12-26-2019, 05:03 PM - 4 Likes   #98
Pentaxian

I have a lot of favorite pictures. And often the ones I like the most others don't find that interesting. Perhaps because of some technical thing or luck that made the shot but isn't noticeable in the final results.

I spent two days looking for an eclipse location that I could point the camera up high enough to capture it and the landscape. I found a spot. The eclipse was going to start in 30 minutes and just then a farmer decided now was the best time to spray his field with pesticides starting just where I was setup along side the road. I packed up and had to find a new location fast! And this is what I ended up with.

Pentax 67, 105/2.4, 400TMY @ EI 100, PMK Pyro

This one was so contrasty I didn't think I'd get my highlights in.

Fuji GX617, Fujinon 90mm, 100 Acros @ EI 25, PMK Pyro

12-27-2019, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #99
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I have a lot of favorite pictures. And often the ones I like the most others don't find that interesting.
I can relate to this sentiment for days. Invariably my personal favorite shots never generate much interest. And conversely, often I'll post what I consider a very trite or throw-away image, and it basks in views or compliments. Maybe I just have poor taste.

But those two above are marvelous. Very different, generally and from one another. Really like them both.

Last edited by Eyewanders; 12-27-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: edit - I forgot the "language" rule sometimes
12-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eyewanders Quote
I can relate to this sentiment for days. Invariably my personal favorite shots never generate much interest. And conversely, often I'll post what I consider a very trite or throw-away image, and it basks in views or compliments. Maybe I just have shitty taste.

But those two above are marvelous. Very different, generally and from one another. Really like them both.
Thanks.
12-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #101

I had a 20x30 inch print of this hanging on the wall where I worked as a computer programmer. I told everyone, Bugs on the wall not in my programs.Pentax MX, 100mm Bellows, homemade macro flash, Kodachrome 64.
Attached Images

12-29-2019, 11:02 AM   #102
Pentaxian

this I may print as it is the best off my very first roll of 120 film through a Yashicaflex TLR with some minor digital tweaks...but I have shot very little film to this point others may arise!

01-09-2020, 01:36 PM   #103
Veteran Member

For all of last year (2019) I made a series of monthly limited edition prints. Each month I picked one of my photos (shot with 35mm film) and printed an edition of 10 prints that were signed, numbered, dated, and editioned. The prints were all 8"x10", printed on 9.5"x13" paper.
I think it was fairly successful overall.
Here's the first of the series. This is one of my favorite photos that I have taken. I like it when viewed on a monitor, but when it's printed, matted, and framed, it becomes something special IMO.
Aside from the image itself, I love the fact that I made this photo using a 1957 Zorki 4 and an even older slightly beat up Jupiter-12 35/2.8