Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2016, 03:45 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Had an SV(silver), an F (silver), an ESII (black), and a K2 (silver) and a KX (black) but moved them on when they started to sit around and deteriorate in the tropical heat. This then allowed someone else to use and love them. kept the near perfect Spottie.

I did enjoy that ESII though and put a couple of B&W C41 process films through it before moving it on. Scan from negative:

12-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Oh yes, I love my ES and ESII, I usually have one loaded with colour film and one with BW...

Some ESII images
12-12-2016, 05:16 AM   #18

Original Poster
Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves these cameras...

I think I have about four bodies now - three black and one silver. Between them they've seen a fair bit of Europe and beyond... Slovenia, Italy, Morocco, Romania, Istanbul

I'm taking at least one on a trip to India and Sri Lanka at the end of the month. Can't wait.

S

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-02-2017 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Removed links to personal blog
05-27-2021, 08:36 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I lived in Edmonton 1969-70. I remember on a visit to Edmonton in '74 I think I stopped off, with my wife, at a store that sold camera equipment. Can't recall the store. But I came very close to buying a new, old stock Nikon F Photomic, with a 50mm F 1.4 Nikkor. I hemmed and hawed at the store, finally decided against the F Photomic, as I was already into the Pentax system (since '68)...but was thinking if I bought the Nikon F, then I would sell my Pentax equipment and go into Nikon/Nikkor.

A fateful day and soon after I bought the ES ll. I think if I'd made the decision to get the Nikon that day, I would of been a Nikon man till this day.

I sometimes wonder did I make the right decision or not.

I have lots of film Pentax stuff and digital Pentax equipment. I'm happy with it, pix are great, but at this point am once again at a decision making cross road.

If I go full frame, do I stick with Pentax, go with Nikon or Canon. My rationale for this hesitation...I'm sure Nikon/Canon will be around...but Pentax I'm not sure. It's not about the Pentax quality, that's there and it's excellent IMO....it's about whether Ricoh stays in the camera making business.

---------- Post added 12-06-16 at 03:52 PM ----------

BC, along with Calgary and Edmonton have some very good camera stores.
As it happened in Feb. 2017, I bought a new full frame camera, a Pentax K1. After that, some full frame lenses...all Pentax, the 28-105, 100 Macro WR F 2.8, 24-70 F 2.8. Great camera and lenses.