Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #1

Super A "European Camera of the Year" edition

Is it allowed to mention here that I've seen the above on offer in a London Oxfam shop? Boxed with flash, but light seals around door need work. I've no interest in the sale (my own Super A and ME Supers don't get used now I have a K30), but I'd hate it to go to waste. Happy to PM details, or mods can delete if this should be in Marketplace (where I don't have posting rights).

Edit: as below, my memory was slightly duff and it's a "European Camera of the Year" edition, not an anniversary one. Thread corrected.

Last edited by MEtoK110D; 12-17-2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Mistake in description as in text
12-15-2016, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Super A with a "European Camera Of The Year 1983" badge.
Is the "Anniversary Edition" Super A something different?
Pentax collectors want to know

12-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
I have a Super A with a "European Camera Of The Year 1983" badge.
Is the "Anniversary Edition" Super A something different?
Pentax collectors want to know
These "1983 European Camera of the Year" Super A's came in a presentation box with a flash:

http://www.aohc.it/catalogo.php?catalogo=oggetti&id_catalogo=70&filtro[tipologia]=15

You don't see too many around, just the bodies or lenses on their own.

Phil.
Attached Images

12-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure that's the one. Sorry for any confusion. I think the "anniversary" description was from Oxfam, though it's possible I misremembered it.

It was complete as shown in the photo (even the special strap and box), but with the note I mentioned about the light seals.

12-17-2016, 07:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have a Super Program from a lot that I bought in order to get the included lenses. I haven't run film through it yet but it seems to be in great shape. Even though I don't use it I'm glad to have such a nice piece of history. When my son is older I can tell him how it was state of the art once and that no, it does not have WiFi or make phone calls. 😆