Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would never buy something from China with 0 feedback rating. In fact, I'm wary of anything less than 99%, and in any event I read the negative scores specificially.

01-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #17

Right now Ebay is being attacked by a group from China. They have posted over 6000 items as of Sunday. Every time Ebay shut an account a new one opens up. Common sense says an item worth less than the cost of free shipping is a big red flag. This has happened before on Ebay not sure what it is they hope to get. The downside of Ebay unlike PayPal way to easy to open a new account.
01-10-2017, 01:13 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Purchasing from foreign buyers

I have only purchased small items via eBay from China--filters, adapters, etc.--but have had no problems at all.

Purchasing from Japan on eBay has been a real pleasure. I have purchased both lenses and cameras, and the condition has always exceeded expectations. Japanese photographers seem to take care of their equipment quite well. Delivery speed has also been excellent. On one occasion I ordered on Frieday and received the merchandise on Tuesday of the next week. How that is possible, I am not sure.
01-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iwctoys Quote
Right now Ebay is being attacked by a group from China. They have posted over 6000 items as of Sunday. Every time Ebay shut an account a new one opens up. Common sense says an item worth less than the cost of free shipping is a big red flag. This has happened before on Ebay not sure what it is they hope to get. The downside of Ebay unlike PayPal way to easy to open a new account.
This is why I almost always click "U.S. Only" in the search terms. I will occasionally buy something from China but only if the price is dirt cheap and commensurate with the item's value. About half the time, the item never arrives. The only thing I can figure that the Chinese get out of offering items so cheap is to devalue U.S. competitors. A lot of eBay sellers used to offer items at ridiculously low prices with inflated shipping costs as a way to skirt around eBay's final value fees but eBay now charges a fee on shipping purchased through them as well. They usually discount the shipping and then take at least half of that discount back in fees.

01-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
On one occasion I ordered on Frieday and received the merchandise on Tuesday of the next week. How that is possible, I am not sure.
Yep me too!

I ordered two lenses from Korea & Japan late in the evening (21:30 PST) on Tuesday, Dec 20th. They both arrived via EMS/Canada Post on Friday, Dec 23rd in the afternoon. (15:30 PST)
That means they were both shipped on Wednesday, Dec 21st and arrived in just two days during the Christmas package rush. Truly outstanding service.

Phil.
01-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iwctoys Quote
Ahh, I wondered if that's what was happening.
Last night while casually browsing through film camera related listings on ebay, I ran across 15 of these false listings.