Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2008, 02:51 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Yes, ask for Vlad Ţepeş.
That guy looks like a Holga repairman to me.

Bill

08-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
That guy looks like a Holga repairman to me.

Bill
I take it that's a GOOD thing, then. Since Ben shoots Holga.
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I take it that's a GOOD thing, then. Since Ben shoots Holga.
Yes Sir. Finest lens made, absolutely incredible!!

Further to the rumor department: I heard that Holga is coming out with a zoom. Tentative specs: 10mm to 1000mm, f2.0 across the board. and it will sell at the same price as that incredible Holga prime. Due to the engineering challenges involved it may be several months (it could be longer) before the lens is available. On the negative side I heard it will first be available in a C***n mount. Those folks have all the luck. I bet they snap them up by the truck loads. Do not despair. There are plans for a K mount.

Bill

Last edited by wlank; 08-06-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: new info
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
Yes Sir. Finest lens made, absolutely incredible!!

Further to the rumor department: I heard that Holga is coming out with a zoom. Tentative specs: 10mm to 1000mm, f2.0 across the board. and it will sell at the same price as that incredible Holga prime. Due to the engineering challenges involved it may be several months (it could be longer) before the lens is available. On the negative side I heard it will first be available in a C***n mount. Those folks have all the luck. I bet they snap them up by the truck loads. Do not despair. There are plans for a K mount.

Bill
Let's all hope it doesn't delayed 3 times.

Our "beloved" 60-250 has turned into Duke Nukem Forever.

08-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Asahiflex repairs???

I just happened on this thread and, seeing Asahiflex, I pursued it.

In addition to my "modern" gear (ME Super, MX, LX, K10-D) I am the proud owner of my father's Asahiflex II something or other, the one with the slow-speed dial on the front, a la Leica screwmount cameras. In addition to the camera and its neverready case, I have the bellows, an extension tube set (both of these Asahi gear) the 50 mm f3.4 Takumar preset which was standard with the camera, a Sears Tower 35mm f2.8 wide angle (Sears sold the Asahiflex under the Tower brand) and the redoubtable, incredible 83mm f1.9 short tele.

All this kit is in fair condition. My father ran hundreds of rolls through it, and the shutter has packed it in. If Eric Hendrickson, the maestro of the Pentax, can fix it at an affordable price it would be wonderful to shoot some pix in my father's memory. I remember using it occasionally when in my teens, and it was a delight, small, quiet, and capable.

I'll have to contact Eric; the other film Pentaxes need some CLA.

Good to see others are keeping the faith.