Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
Banned

Vintage pentax km series 35mm and lots of extras....need info.... Was heirloom

*posted below is basically the same as what is in my profile info*

(all equipment purchased around the same time- late 70's to early 80's...very possible it is the first generation this camera and lens' were made... Obviously its all made in japan (1st edition if we were talking books...possible.. Not sure) it was my fathers, he did weddings and events on the side... Either before i was born (1984) or when i was very young cause i sure dont remember this camera ever being used...at all... Just that he had it... Almost all in perfect condition... Minor wear from delicate use on the camera shell... Possible just a little over the years wear from being stored away in its case and just being taken out occasionally when we werent supposed to as kids lol all in all its in excellent condition... And these days im all about vintage... New technology and its quality are getting on my nerves... I miss good ol fashion quality products from mid and early 20th century

ok so im not sure if a k-m/k2000 is the same as this very old if not a 1st generation pentax km 35mm film slr?

But it is definitely full functional... Down to the timer and all accersory inputs... I even have a couple tripods, and i have a shutter cable to it that looks brand new... Just kinda short is all lol

i know this is a good camera.... It was my fathers... I am sure he purchased it around 1980 give or take a year.... Seeing about picking up a little side hobby. I like pictures... Just not being in them lol

*all equip were stored in individual cases as well as a kit case... All have original front and rear protective caps.

Ok so i have the pentax km... (which i read was almost identical to the sportmatic x) --spmtcx was basically a cosmetic and small functionality upgrade--

also have a vivitar
ø55mm 135mm 1:2.8 auto telephoto... Perfect condition

smc pentax-m 1:1.7 50mm lens... Probably part of the original kit slight damage on the outer front rim of the lens case...lens cover still attaches with literally no problem even with the push release clips no glass or focusing adjustments damage.... U wouldnt even notice at first glance unless u were a camera guru or something lol

a sigma mini-wide 1:2.8 f=28mm multi-coated lens perfect condition

a calman auto tele converter 2x for pentax-k perfect condition

last thing lol

a vivitar auto 253 flash... Probably purchased with camera if not included in purchase

any info on these items would be awesome... Search results arent that helpful for info when it comes to specific info on the exact make years or even broad range year search..... Most everything is the newer versions

*pics upon request*

01-12-2017, 02:35 AM   #2
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out the camera and lens review sections here:

Pentax Camera Reviews And Data

Pentax KM Reviews

Pentax Lens Reviews

Third Party Lens Reviews

I have the Sigma Mini Wide. Great lens.
01-12-2017, 02:37 AM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
Ah... Is it an old one u have? If so do the older lens' fit any digital camera's?
01-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by louisiana337 Quote
Ah... Is it an old one u have?
This one: Sigma 28mm Mini Wide

If so do the older lens' fit any digital camera's?
Of course.

Even M42 threaded lenses can be used with an adapter.

Read more here.

Even M39 threaded lenses can be adapted.

Then there are the creative types that adapt all manner of things to make photos with. Even a pinhole setup using a body cap.

The only limit is your imagination.

01-12-2017, 03:00 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
Gotcha completely... Ive always loved taking photos... Not really of ppl too much unless its taken without the ppl paying attention to the camera or even noticed that the picture was being taken... Idk posing for a photo to me takes the imagination and art out of photos.... Plus all the personal this is my life hardcore social media generation... We have enough photo and documented memories of humans lol.... I love the artistic and imaginative side of photography... Pics that make u say... What is that? Or where is that? (either in a "thats awesome and/or beautiful" way and/or the what in the world is going on here puzzling effects)

anyways thanks for all the good info links... So this old camera... As long as it is properly cleaned, maintained, and adjusted correctly can be a very good camera... Even to this day... Compared to modern technology? I know film and mostly mechanical cameras are different than digital but can film quality stand up to digital quality?
01-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
Love the pic btw..... Definitely an albert fan... Im a complete science-tech(new and old) junkie
01-12-2017, 03:05 AM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
Haha i am an auto mechanic too..... All my life... Was pretty much born into it just backed up my long history experience with an auto tech diploma

so yea... I am a mechanical and digital fan myself

01-12-2017, 03:15 AM   #8
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Haha i am an auto mechanic too..... All my life... Was pretty much born into it just backed up my long history experience with an auto tech diploma

so yea... I am a mechanical and digital fan myself
Being a mechanic is like being a Marine.

Semper Fi

I took my toys apart when I was still wearing three cornered pants. I 'retired' after 30 years and did some other things. Still have my tools, have a shop at home and nobody works on my vehicles but me.
01-12-2017, 03:53 AM   #9
Banned

Original Poster
LMAO... DEFINITELY LIKE BEING A MARINE... LOVE THE MILITARY TOO... NOT THE ONES WHO ARE THE TOP... THE NORMAL PPL THAT SERVE... AND WHAT THE MILITARY IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN DNOT WHAT IT IS TURNING INTO....

NICE.... SAME HERE... AS SOON AS I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT THAT STUFF COULD BE TAKEN APART...WELL I WAS LIKE U.... I WOULD TAKE LITERALLY ANYTHING APART

MY UNCLE OWNS HIS OWN VERY SUCCESSFUL AUTO SHOP AND MY G-FATHER OWNED A AUTO SALVAGE YARD BEFORE HE CRUSHED THEM ALL AND CLOSED DOWN CAUSE THE PPL WANTED THERE SHOP AND LAND BACK AFTER 20 YEARS OF BEING THERE....HE HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE... ITS LIKE THEY TOOK AWAY HIS BALLS LOL.. WE ARE HUGE GEAR HEADS HERE.. THE ANTIQUE CAR SCENE IS INSANE DOWN HERE... NO CAR POLLUTION MONITORING NOR ISSUES WITH VERY LOUD VEHICLES... I MEAN WE ARE NEXT DOOR TO "CRUISIN THE COAST IN MISSISSIPPI... BUT WASHINGTON IS A SPORTSMANS STATE TOO... SO IM SURE YALL LIKE YALL TOYS....

AND OH YEA DEFINITELY WORK ON ALL MY OWN STUFF AS WELL AS SIBLINGS... UNLESS I JUST DONT HAVE THE SPECIALTY TOOLS OR OTHER SPECIALTY EQUIPMENT.... SO GETTING A LIFT AS SOON AS I UPDATE THE CEILING HEIGHT ON MY GARAGE... WHICH IS ABOUT TO BE RE-PURPOSED INTO A SMALL AUTO SHOP

1968 CAMARO HARD TOP OR CONVERTIBLE SS/RS PACKAGE W/ 396ci BIG BLOCK... DOUBLE BARREL CARB...IF I DONT UPGRADE TO EFI.. SLIGHTLY CHOPPED REAR END FOR MEDIUM WIDE SIZED PRO STREET AND RACE SLICK STYLE TIRES... WITH THE SMALL FRONT TIRE... IM PRETTY SURE U KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT... THE ORIGINAL SIZE TIRE (I THINK) THAT PPL USED TO PUT ON ANTIQUE CARS BEFORE THEY STARTED PUTTING THE NEW DRIVE TRAINS, COMPONENTS AND ACCESSORIES ON THE ANTIQUE SHELLS... I DO LIKE THE UPDATES W/ THE L-SERIES MOTORS... JUST LOVE THE SOUND OF CAMMED-CARB BIG BLOCKS... AND THE FACT THAT THEY DONT HAVE ALL THE ELECTRICAL B.S. THO GO BAD LIKE IT DOES... UNLIKE THE OLD SCHOOL MOSTLY MECHANICAL AND VACUUM CONTROLLED ENGINES.... I JUST FIND THAT THEY ARE MORE RELIABLE.
01-12-2017, 04:01 AM   #10
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

No need to shout.
01-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #11
Banned

Original Poster
lol my bad... i forgot that a lot of ppl these days think CAPS is automatic for shouting... lol all because of TEXTING style of typing... i dont even notice anymore unless someone says something... its just habit... my eyes arent just starting to worsen and i havent gone to see an eye doc yet to see about it.

plus dad and bro are former military... so i also write in caps because of them. so CAPS typing doesnt seem odd to me lol.... and if the by product is few ppl think im shouting and i have to explain then i am cool with the little bit of headache until i go to the doc.

---------- Post added 01-12-17 at 05:11 AM ----------

young kids these days want to be spell checkers or grammer junkies but dont even how to use their, there, and they're properly and use there because its the easiest... lol so if i can mess with a few millennials with caps... then im cool with that too.... lol i know u are not a millennial but im just saying IF it happens
01-16-2017, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

lol my bad... i forgot that a lot of ppl these days think CAPS is automatic for shouting...
The convention goes back a long way...all the way back to threaded discussions on dial-up bulletin boards before the Internet became prevalent. The only folk who were cut slack were those using 8-bit computers with caps-only text.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-16-2017 at 08:03 PM.