Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2017, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #1

Spotmatic F - Fixing the lightmeter

Hi all,

I created this thread in order to share my experience fixing the usual issues found with an old Spottie F.
In the next days I will post pictures and diagram about electronic board and some documents I found googling.

Finding a proper Spotmatic F service manual is hard, so I read somewhere it has similarities to K1000 and KM models, so I studied K1000 service manual and wrote down a scheme of wiring even if slightly different about resistors value.

Just to start with, I would be happy if someone could help me in this project.

I have attached some pictures of my Spottie F as bought. It came with an awesome SMC 50mm f1.4 !

Attached Images

01-18-2017, 02:41 AM - 2 Likes   #2

Original Poster
The issue:

The light meter was going crazy, but it worked in some way. So I decided to unmount the top plate and as the wires were to weak in soldering and accidentally I have broken the board, so, I want to replace the board with new one that has holes for solid soldering connection. I have already designed the board with same dimensions into my favorite CAD.
One of the resistor (12k ohm) is broken, it has one leg missing.

The goal is to fix the light meter, replacing the board and connecting everything to the right place.

These are some of the pictures:

If you notice better in the picture above, there are 2 holes whose belong to 12k ohm broken resistor.

The board

Above, Spotmatif F - Wiring and Circuit. The board represented is different ?!?

K1000 Schematic

My new design

Bottom view of my design
01-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like you will breathe new life into this camera Piero. Nice work!
01-31-2017, 06:13 PM   #4

Wow, I just made an account for this EXACT same problem. I dropped my beloved SPF the other day and the whole thing escaped unscathed minus the light meter, which now just stays stuck at the bottom of the meter. Thank you for posting your work here, hopefully I might learn a thing or two from it and get my camera back in working order.

02-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #5

Original Poster
@stclairvoyant

I have created this thread on purpose to fix and understand this beautiful Pentax model, but I am a bit stuck... I tried everything but my meter stays up and I don't have a clue why...
I purchased another Spotmatic F from japanese eBay which I am still waiting... Japan to Italy is a long waiting from here dude...

So expect some news in the next days.

At the moment I am taking pictures with Praktica TL1000 which is incredibly reliable and put the first test roll on my last buy: Yashica FX-3 super 2000... took it in a street maket almost brand new for 15€!!!aktica TL1000 which is increbibly relaiable