Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Just a small observation here.

The way you have re-posted these images is from copies in your own site. I am not sure forum members will appreciate you posting these elsewhere (image shack) without credit and implying that they are your images.
I had no trouble with it. Was kinda proud that he had chosen one of mine. Besides, they were pictures from the thread, so people could easily see that they wasn't his. So I can't see that he was taking credit for the images, quite the contrary

12-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
12-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #78
Veteran Member

12-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #79
Veteran Member

press 800, no clue about the shutter or aperture, probably wide open

12-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Grain!

like this?
Attached Images

12-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oh wait!

how about this?
Attached Images

12-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
I had no trouble with it. Was kinda proud that he had chosen one of mine. Besides, they were pictures from the thread, so people could easily see that they wasn't his. So I can't see that he was taking credit for the images, quite the contrary
Likewise. I'm sure there was no intention to deceive.

12-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
how about this?
That's so grainy you could just about bake it and serve it up with lashings of butter and wild honey!
12-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Very strong image
12-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Very strong image
Thank you very much. !
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just to clarify, I have no objection in the thread of reposting stuff that was already posted, by placing links in the thread back to the origonal post or what ever, and like you, I was somewhat pleased that one of mine was also in the grouping.

In fact, I had seen this for several days before I commented, as at that point I thought he had just quoted / pasted links to past forum images.

I only commented because I happened to click on one of the images he had reposted, and got taken to another site totally where these were posted without any credits / comments as his images. That was the real objection.

He has since removed them and I accept that he had not intended to claim credit, but there are many forum members who have posted threads about the ownership of images and taken a really hard line about protecting their rights of ownership. I am not usually one of those, as I post in reduced resolution when ever I post, and consider myself a hobbiest, not someone who is looking to move into photography to earn income, but there are many that are.
12-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Just to clarify, I have no objection in the thread of reposting stuff that was already posted, by placing links in the thread back to the origonal post or what ever, and like you, I was somewhat pleased that one of mine was also in the grouping.

In fact, I had seen this for several days before I commented, as at that point I thought he had just quoted / pasted links to past forum images.

I only commented because I happened to click on one of the images he had reposted, and got taken to another site totally where these were posted without any credits / comments as his images. That was the real objection.

He has since removed them and I accept that he had not intended to claim credit, but there are many forum members who have posted threads about the ownership of images and taken a really hard line about protecting their rights of ownership. I am not usually one of those, as I post in reduced resolution when ever I post, and consider myself a hobbiest, not someone who is looking to move into photography to earn income, but there are many that are.
Folks
Really I did not take offense as I fully understand where Lowell is coming from.. I know my intentions so I am at peace with it. Heck I do not even watermark my images...

But if I can use two examples as to why I understand.
In another forum I post in there was a Macro contest and one guy started to post up these amazing images of insects. it turns out that another member recognized them and called him on it. When he denied it and insisted they where his, it just got ugly from there. Turns out the fellow stole them from art wolfes photo site. Can you imaging stealing photos from art wolfe and claiming them as yours? By the way to be clear, it was NOT art wolfe who caught him, but one of the many who follow his work..

A second example is that I ran into a competitor of mine who stole pictures from my company website to put them on his own website..That's nerve..When I called him on it, he quickly removed them, but who knows how many customers he stole from us with my images...

So I do understand where Lowell is coming from and will be more careful on how I re post images in the future...One thing for sure, I can really appreciate good photographs and can't contain my joy on many of them, so I comment.
12-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #88
Inactive Account

not enough grain i believe :(

Last edited by vitalsax; 01-13-2009 at 05:53 PM.
12-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #89
Veteran Member

A few strangers caught on film. ''Literally''

12-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Here are some color film images. Kodak hi def 400

And a stranger,

Last edited by jgredline; 01-19-2009 at 04:30 PM.