Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Uhm no, you can't. As far as I've read, it's impossible to mount an MD lens to an Alpha mount.
Not directly no. But I've seen some people on Flickr and FredMiranda take apart the old Rokkor lenses and replace the mounts using an M42 to EOS or M42 to Alpha mount adapters, and retaining infinity focus.

There is also a guy on that auction site selling a hack of the C****n APS-C DSLRs, which involves replacing the mounts on the camera bodies, which allows you to mount the Rokkor lenses directly.

I think the Rokkors can also be mounted on Olympus DSLRs via an adapter.

Quite a few hacks available out there.

08-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can mount pretty much anything on the 4/3 cameras, since the adapter just has a few screws that secure the bayonet from the sides...
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I imagine you first visited japan while in the navy but what made you want to live in japan?
We all have to be somewhere.
08-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Canon people have been using adapters to mount k mount and m42 lenses on their camera bodies for a while. They even have adapters to use Pentax lenses on EOS EF mounts. What is actually trickier is to adapt the FD mounts to EOS. Its ironic that it is easier to adapt m42 and k to either FD or EOS than FD to EOS. For example, I have a special canon adapter to mount a FD Macro to my EOS 10s. It only works with correctly with the macro. There are some Canon adapters for a few other FD lenses. The distance to the focal plane is tricky on the FD to EOS and require a optic which causes a slight magnification to get the lens back to infinity focus. Canon didn't make many adapters so they are scarce. However there are some aftermarket companies that make all kinds of adapters. Cirrus is one out of Hong Kong.

What irks me is the canon guys will often modify the k mount lever so it doesn't cause problems on there body. Some of them remove it completely. I have seen this with some nice Pentax primes.

On a separate note, I have a adaptall 2 EOS-M mount that is relatively rare and I got it by accident. I was over at MF and saw a thread where someone in England was telling a guy that Tamron never made and adapter for EOS, that EOS came out after the Adaptall 2 line was discontinued. I registered on that site just to set the record straight. I need to take some pics of the Canon adapter and Tamron I have so people will believe it. The only reason I haven't gotten rid of the canon body and 2 lenses and adapters that I have is that a can macro flash is the only macro flash that I have. I have that about getting a digi rebel to use this stuff on but I end up having convulsions.

PKA to Canon EOS EF mount: http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Canon-mount-adapter-brass/dp/B000YDC1W8

M42 to Canon FD

Last edited by Blue; 08-13-2008 at 01:40 PM.
08-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Blue, I'm genuinely surprised as many people stuck with Canon as they did after the creation of the EF mount. Imagine, for example, Pentax comes out with new line of cams, without backwards compatibility...wouldn't that be a travesty! "Sorry, all your lenses are now obsolete"

The FD to EOS adapters are ridiculously expensive...last I saw they were going for around $1000. And it's too bad they have to use a glass element for correction.

Yes, Tamron did make a genuine Adaptall for EF, but those are few and far between. They go for more than the PKA sometimes, believe it or not

People do emasculate PK lenses...such a shame...

And please don't get a xxxD series Canon...why do you think I'm here now?
08-14-2008, 01:29 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I stand corrected!
The minolta Rokkors were veyr good lenses, I only had a SRT camera for a few months and I liked it a lot.
IT is a pity they did not keep compatibility after merging with Konica and being gulped by Sony.

Anyways I have always been a Pentax (M42) guy, but also fell with nikon (specially the Micro 55/2.8 and the 28/2.8 AIs). And really back compatibility has been a big issue for me. Always satisfied with both, but Pentax has kept the standards higher in that sense after the advent od digital. The cheaper nikons D#0 are not compatible with old MF lenses (without chip) but all the pentaxes are.