Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2017, 01:04 AM   #1

MX light seals - please post some shots?

Hi! I need to replace the light seals and mirror damper in my recently-acqired MX. I've got a selection of sponge foam, but would really appreciate some photos of how the seals should look when done properly?

Many thanks!

Ian

02-25-2017, 01:34 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dalboyne Quote
Hi! I need to replace the light seals and mirror damper in my recently-acqired MX. I've got a selection of sponge foam, but would really appreciate some photos of how the seals should look when done properly?

Many thanks!

Ian
There is not much one can show. The door has a ridge which slots into grooves at the top and bottom of the camera. You need to scrape out old seals with a toothpick, holding the camera so that the debris falls out of, not into, the camera. You need to cut strips of adhesive backed back foam or felt about 1mm+ wide and between 1 and 2 mm deep to fit these slots. Don't cover the film counter reset button at the top slot. The mirror bumper should allow for the latch on the screen door to open,
02-25-2017, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

The Pentax mechanicals should be similar.

Favorite Classics / Jon Goodman's Seal Replacement Instructions

I just use mousemat double sided pressure sensitive tape and scissors, threat the mirror surface like butterfly wings!
02-25-2017, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Here's a link to change the light seal on a Pentax LX.