Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #1

Seeking Battery Cap for An Oldie but Goodie: Spotmatic II

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Trying to find a Battery Cap / Cover for a Spotmatic II. If I recall correctly -- its been YEARS so I could be WRONG -- the Pentax K1000 is essentially the Spotmatc II with a different Lens mount. Would the Battery Cover for the K1000 fit the Spotmatic II?? I inherited the Spotmatc II but it is minus the battery Cap / Cover. The camera appears to be in good shape and was well taken care of. The lens 55mm f/1.8 is clean, as is the 200mm f/4.0. I've seen Battery caps for the K1000 but none for the SPII. Are there any silver oxide batteries that will fit the SPII are all of them Zinc Air Batteries??

While I am here the camera at some point probably needs to be to be serviced. Any help you could provide in rehabilitating this Oldie but Goodie would be appreciated.

Thanks

03-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
where are you located? I recommend Eric Hendricsson, Pentax27@aol.com. See also the sticky on top of the forum pages.
03-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have several parts Spotties. PM me your mailing address and I'll mail you a battery cover (assuming they're not already gone ).
01-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have several parts Spotties. PM me your mailing address and I'll mail you a battery cover (assuming they're not already gone ).
Hi there, I know this is an old thread (and sorry for hijacking it), but could you still have a battery cover for a Spotmatic SP II? Thanks so much in advance!

01-02-2020, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholesome Quote
Hi there, I know this is an old thread (and sorry for hijacking it), but could you still have a battery cover for a Spotmatic SP II? Thanks so much in advance!
Yeah I probably have a parts body around somewhere. I’ll look after dinner and PM you,
01-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah I probably have a parts body around somewhere. I’ll look after dinner and PM you,
Alas, I have no more battery covers.

There’s this on eBay
01-02-2020, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #7

Alas, I have no more battery covers.
That's too bad!

Thank you so much for going through the trouble of checking! I appreciate it.

Do you know where else I might try my luck?

Thanks again!

01-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's too bad!

Thank you so much for going through the trouble of checking! I appreciate it.

Do you know where else I might try my luck?

Thanks again!
Click the link in my reply post. It goes to a lot of Spottie parts on eBay for $12.

EBay is an easy bet, even aftermarket battery covers show up there.