Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Finally got a sunny day in. Also had Ilford SFX in the MX and some Arista Edu Ultra 200 (which some on apug claim could do infrared when metered at iso 6) in my Russian Fed-2A that needed to get shot up. Used a 1951 Canon Serenar 35mm f/2.8 on that and the Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 on the MX for the purpose of my outing (switching to some Kodak 3302 ortho film after the SFX was shot up and used that unfiltered at ISO 6)

So it seems Arista edu ultra 200 is non responsive to a B+W 092 (which allows more visible light than the hoya r72), all the frames I shot metered for iso 6 and bracket under a stop and up to 3 stops over exposed came out blank. But the B+W 090 (light red) do show up as do the unfiltered.

The SFX roll came out with every frame showing content (no surprises there ;p), though a tad on the dense side when metered for iso 10 (filter factor 20~40 taken into account) with an over and under bracketing.

Will print a contact sheet tomorrow, was at the campus well past closing getting rolls developed since I spent most of the time doing snip testing of Kodak 3302 ortho film to come up with a Dev time of 10 minutes for hc-110 dilution H (1:63) which was shot for iso 6, seems like my over +1 bracket is more on the spot with that.

In regards to the metering on the MX, the little bit of visible light the 092 let's in seems to be metered close to what my incident meter was giving for iso 10, least for full daylight. Naturally though I went by the incident meter and bracketed.

The R72 filter which I used for the last frames course has no meter response on the MX, I basically over exposed that one a bit past what the 092 calls for.

Last edited by kb244; 04-12-2017 at 10:34 PM.