Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
I just checked Canada Post rate and it's a bad joke (as usual). I can send roll to Tibet for 8.61$ but If I want to send the same parcel to Vancouver it will cost 15.56$cad ?? No wonder they are loosing business.

---------------------

I recently started to process my B/W rolls at home, it's easier than I thought it would be and I don't have to wait for a whole week to have 'em back from a lab.
If you can do B&W, you can certainly do C-41 and even E-6. It's very simple - one set of chemicals, times and one temperature. Boring even. I just put my solutions in measuring cylinders in a washing up bowl of hot water and get to work as the colour developer hits 102.5ºF. Between inverting the tank each 30 seconds I add some cold water to the bowl, and when it comes to the after blix wash, I just dip and pour from the bowl with another graduate. I make no effort to sit the tank in the water bath between agitations, and I have no complaints about the colours I get. The one litre presskits from argentix.ca make the most sense to me; they are good for 8 films and this roughly coincides with their shelf-life once mixed and stored in concertina bottles. It's so simple it would be a shame not to give it a try.