Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2017, 01:25 AM   #1

Pentax ME Super still dead after battery change

I bought my Pentax ME Super in 1982. During the 90's "everybody" changed to digital cameras, me included.
My daughter is picking up photography and was thrilled when I introduced her to my ME Super.
It was quite dead of course, sitting in a drawer for the last some twenty years.
I bought new batteries, but it is still dead. I.e no light indicating shutter speed. The mechanical parts seems to work ok.
Is there any way I can revitalize my old friend?

05-16-2017, 01:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
I hope someone can help you to get your ME Super working again. Battery contacts clean?

Kind regards,
Mark
(New Zealand)
05-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #3

Batteries put in the right way? Are you sure the batteries are good?
05-16-2017, 05:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Fire it a few times @ B and 1/90 scrub battery contacts and cap with eraser at end of pencil.

06-23-2017, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Checked the (new) batteries, which were half dead.
Cleaned twhe poles as suggested, and bought a new couple of batteries.
And it's back!
Thank you for all suggestions.
Kind regards, Kari
06-23-2017, 11:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I normally blower brush and blower bulb film side of interior to purge any film debris or dust and wipe battery contacts with rag damp with zippo. Cept for S1a or SV!
04-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Added for a question of my own.... Sorry to resurrect this but I thought the info would be useful if included here rather than a separate thread... I can't find the info anywhere and the ME Super is one of few Pentax cameras (strangely) I've never even held.

What functionality is available on ME Super with a flat battery??? Program and meter is obviously is gone, but are all shutter speeds available?
Thanks!

---------- Post added 04-27-18 at 06:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote

What functionality is available on ME Super with a flat battery??? Program and meter is obviously is gone, but are all shutter speeds available?
Annnnnnd I've finally found it and can answer my own question...

Shutter speeds (auto) 4 - 1/2000s
Shutter speeds (manual) 4 - 1/2000s
Shutter speeds (mechanical) 1/125s, B

Read more at: Pentax ME Super - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. (sorry)