Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
This could be a contributory factor - film sold at this low price is unlikely to have undergone the same rigorous quality checks that companies such as I or K use - may try a more expensive roll next time, just to make sure ?
Isn't it rebadged Fuji film?

05-20-2017, 03:31 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by spinno Quote
Isn't it rebadged Fuji film?
No idea, never tried it - my 35mm is strictly monochrome.
05-20-2017, 04:34 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Culprit found on the winder reel

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
This could be a contributory factor - film sold at this low price is unlikely to have undergone the same rigorous quality checks that companies such as I or K use - may try a more expensive roll next time, just to make sure ?
Hi, This film was Fuji Superia 200 and I had it developed at DS Colour labs, a reputable lab. The £1 stuff I had just loaded and now reloaded is Agfa Vista 200 24 exp.
This is really a false economy anyway since the cost to develop, print 6x4 and scan 36 exp is only £9.99, with 24 exp costing £8.99 at DSCL so those shots are about 30% more expensive, depending on the film cost for 36 exp.

So I wound the film back and opened the back up and found the issue was debris on the wind on rubber reel. It did not look very clean so I took some tape off a lint roller and wound that round it. Afterwards, the reel looked much much better and the tape, well see below.
I'll shoot this roll now to see how I like it and switch back to Superia 200 for the next roll.
Thanks everyone for your inputs.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo