Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
I think the seller knew the camera was dead
Seller before: "Hee hee hee, the camera is dead and he's still buying; I am so going to violate his wallet."

Seller after: "Oh God no, the lens was worth HOW MUCH??!!!!"

06-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Seller before: "Hee hee hee, the camera is dead and he's still buying; I am so going to violate his wallet."

Seller after: "Oh God no, the lens was worth HOW MUCH??!!!!"
Yes, they seemed a bit nervous that I might investigate the camera. I was doing my best to be casual as I examined the lens. It was a bit awkward, but I think we both went away happy with the deal.
06-21-2017, 09:06 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Oh, I see, so it was an in-person deal, then. Even more interesting. Congratulations on keeping one hell of a poker face on until you were done with it.

(I bet you screamed for joy and punched the air once you were clear, though.)
06-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know how I would go about considering film cameras I have never used, so that throws me back on Pentaxes I have. As for lenses, as much as I appreciate zooms, if I had only one lens, I think I'd want a prime, and it couldn't be too long or too wide, or it would limit too many kinds of pictures.

I think I would go with my ESII and my Super Takumar f1.8 55mm. My ESII has a dead meter, so I'd like to keep my little handheld selenium-cell light meter.

06-22-2017, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, I see, so it was an in-person deal, then. Even more interesting. Congratulations on keeping one hell of a poker face on until you were done with it.
Poker face is exactly right. It was hard - my heart rate was definitely up there!

The worst part was waiting for the reply after sending my inquiry. She phoned, and said someone was coming to look at it tomorrow, but would I want to come that night? Heck yes! I'm already out the door!

I bet you screamed for joy and punched the air once you were clear, though.
Once I was in the car and around the corner it is possible something like this may have occurred!
06-23-2017, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

Difficult choice. If I had to make that choice I think I'd need to invest in a 67 II or a 645 N with 105mm/75mm standard prime.
06-23-2017, 04:06 AM - 2 Likes   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
Heck yes! I'm already out the door!
That scene at the end of Return of the Jedi...

Lando Calrissian: "Go for the power regulator on the North Tower."

Wedge Antilles (squeezes triggers, target explodes): "Copy, Gold Leader; I'm already on my way out."

As much as I like my small cameras and my meterless cameras (sometimes), of the stuff I already own, my Spotty F and S-M-C 50/4 macro would have to be the keepers for pure versatility. If I am allowed to add forward dioptres and rear bellows, etc., I'd keep the S-M-C Tak 50/1.4 instead.

If I wanted to keep my MX, I would have to buy a K, M, or A 50mm macro lens.

06-29-2017, 01:34 PM   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One drawer of cameras . . . . .
06-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need a bigger drawer

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One drawer of cameras . . . . .

Time to buy a larger dresser or bureau then, something like this maybe:

Exit one Japanese tourist, enter one Japanese camera system...

Chris