Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #1

K1000 Woes

Now, don't get me wrong. I love my K1000s. It's just that they've been having some unfortunate trouble recently.

First of all, my K1000 SE's meter died. No, it's not the battery, unfortunately. It has a trip to Eric in its not-too-distant future, unless one of you out there can suggest a fix...

Second, my other K1000 has been losing screws from its bottom plate--I guess thirty years' much-loved use will do that. Unfortunately I lost two screws (one from the tripod mount a year ago and then one from the plate proper yesterday) and now the bottom plate is being held on with Scotch tape Other than that, though, it works just fine.

My question is, what is the size and pitch and "handedness" of those tiny little screws? Where can I get replacements? Where can I get a screwdriver to put them in?

08-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Short of getting a parts machine, I don't know where you will get replacement screws... Ask Eric for a couple of extra screws when you send the other one in. I'm sure he'll have some. As for screwdriver, most hardware stores sell a set of very fine screwdrivers... I have a tiny set that I use for these screws. Cost about 15.00.
08-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could also use a set of "jeweller's screwdrivers" that will work on quite a few small screws. They are available in most hardware stores.
08-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First, I think it is cool to have one held together with scotch tape.. Why not take the screws from the one with the bad meter, put them on the scotch tape one and really, send the other to eric to make it like new.

08-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
Now, don't get me wrong. I love my K1000s. It's just that they've been having some unfortunate trouble recently.

First of all, my K1000 SE's meter died. No, it's not the battery, unfortunately. It has a trip to Eric in its not-too-distant future, unless one of you out there can suggest a fix...

Second, my other K1000 has been losing screws from its bottom plate--I guess thirty years' much-loved use will do that. Unfortunately I lost two screws (one from the tripod mount a year ago and then one from the plate proper yesterday) and now the bottom plate is being held on with Scotch tape Other than that, though, it works just fine.

My question is, what is the size and pitch and "handedness" of those tiny little screws? Where can I get replacements? Where can I get a screwdriver to put them in?
Steve I have several pristine K1000's and supers please PM and one will be on its way.

Wendy
08-17-2008, 05:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jewelrs crewdrivers are what you need
I got 2 sets, one from Radio shack (about $15) and then I found a stanley set at wally-mart for $5
I think for my purposes bot are equally good