Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-21-2017, 12:31 AM   #1

PENTAX auto 110 advance lever

With no film in it is there anything to stop you keep winding on over and over without realsing the shutter in between?

The one I have here I can just keep winding and I am not sure if that is normal or not and don't want to waste buying 110 film if it's not working !

06-21-2017, 03:07 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes it keeps winding without having to press the shutter button, strangely you can only fire the shutter on every second stroke, even with no film in the camera, buy some film, perfectly normal behaviour
06-21-2017, 03:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
Many thanks for confirming that. Once the film is in, is there anything that actually stops you keep winding until the end without pressing the shutter ?
06-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frosty66 Quote
Many thanks for confirming that. Once the film is in, is there anything that actually stops you keep winding until the end without pressing the shutter ?
Strangely enough, I have an Auto 110 sitting on my desk at work. I brought it in to show to another Pentax afficionado and never took it home.

Open the back of the camera. As you look at it, in the lower left corner of the frame, there is a tiny pin. This pin is a follower that detects the registration hole in the film. When the film has advanced enough, this pin pops into the hole and stops any further advance. You can use your thumbnail to move the pin and trick the camera into thinking that there is film in the camera.

The original Auto 110 took two strokes on the film advance lever to advance a full frame. The later Auto 110 Super only required one stroke.

Its a cool little camera. I wish that someone besides Lomo still made 110 film.

07-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
Strangely enough, I have an Auto 110 sitting on my desk at work. I brought it in to show to another Pentax afficionado and never took it home.

Open the back of the camera. As you look at it, in the lower left corner of the frame, there is a tiny pin. This pin is a follower that detects the registration hole in the film. When the film has advanced enough, this pin pops into the hole and stops any further advance. You can use your thumbnail to move the pin and trick the camera into thinking that there is film in the camera.

The original Auto 110 took two strokes on the film advance lever to advance a full frame. The later Auto 110 Super only required one stroke.

Its a cool little camera. I wish that someone besides Lomo still made 110 film.
Thanks for that I will have another look for this pin you mentioned !