Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2018, 12:06 AM   #16

Original Poster
Better than dissecting animals or people for a hobby

06-21-2018, 02:18 PM   #17

Dude, you managed to get the shutter back together, which you screwed up poking around, but failed to fix the light meter which was the original problem. Did you make it worse too? Wouldn't it be nice to have your Dad's camera fixed up and nice right now instead of hacked up with a soldering iron, with it's shutter bolted back together after that fiasco you initiated?
06-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #18

Original Poster
What's with all the negativity? I learned a lot by opening the thing. I had to read the manual, study camera mechanics, learn about light measuring, realised it's a common problem, so I had to reassess the whole point behind the operation. Yes, if I had broken a completely usable camera, it'd be awful, but in fact I had a lot of educational fun with a piece I knew nothing about. Sure it's just a fun toy to have, but I personally like know what the toy is made of, and I really didn't. Does it not help a guitar player to understand how the instrument actually makes a sound?
Personally I think, if it sits on he shelf for 20 years, it's not really that valuable, especially since I have some that are a lot better.
06-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Try Sunny 16 rule - Wikipedia