Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Eric's CLA prices

Does anyone have a rough idea how much Eric charges for a CLA on ME Super? One of mine has the classic delay in the mirror moving up.... which clears after a few shots, only to return after an hour inactivity.

I can get it done here in the UK but Eric's skills are legendary. I know postage costs will be a big factor but I was just wondering......... ?

07-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Does anyone have a rough idea how much Eric charges for a CLA on ME Super? One of mine has the classic delay in the mirror moving up.... which clears after a few shots, only to return after an hour inactivity.

I can get it done here in the UK but Eric's skills are legendary. I know postage costs will be a big factor but I was just wondering......... ?
MESuper is $65 by PayPal

Here's the process.

Scroll to bottom for pricing.
07-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
MESuper is $65 by PayPal

Here's the process.

Scroll to bottom for pricing.
Thanks for that. That price is very reasonable. It's the equivalent of 50 uk pounds. To have the work done here in the uk will cost 76 pounds so even with the shipping it could work out cheaper to send it to Eric.
07-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Minus any brassing, dents or scratches, it will return as if straight from the factory. The rest is up to you.

07-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it needs light seals it will be $80 US. I've had several done in the past several months. No complaints.
07-30-2017, 10:26 PM   #6

I had my u/s ME-Super overhauled at Harrow Technical earlier this year, and it is once again in regular use. I was very pleased with the result, and the service I received.

I dropped it off as I happened to be in London, so saw the facilities, and met the gentleman who does the work. Cost was £76 for overhaul and parts, another £20 to replace the back which had seen better days, and £9 postage to return it.

I see from Eric's website he uses USPS to return the camera, which of course means Royal Mail do the last little bit. In recent months I've sent a tracked package and a registered letter from Hong Kong to UK addresses, both of which arrived in London less than 30hrs from posting, but it then took the Royal Mail a month to deliver the first to Exeter, and 3 weeks the second to Leicester. In these cases there was no duty or admin fee to pay. Its hard to say whether you might get charged something for the camera, or when you'd see it again.

A UK repair might be the safer option...

Ian