Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #1

ME super case

Anyone know where I could find a case for the ME Super? The original is disintegrating. Thx.

07-23-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

They come with many of the cameras purchasde on ebay and other places. I would have never purchased one but have several of them because they came "free" with other purchases. I'll bet that quite a few people have a spare they might let go of. You might want to try posting a wtb ad over in the classifieds. You would probably get some offers pretty quickly.
07-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
k22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
They come with many of the cameras purchasde on ebay and other places. I would have never purchased one but have several of them because they came "free" with other purchases. I'll bet that quite a few people have a spare they might let go of. You might want to try posting a wtb ad over in the classifieds. You would probably get some offers pretty quickly.
Will do. Thank you.
07-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #4

A neoprene camera ready case (one of three available sizes slips over a relative SLR size front) is lasseau wrap-cinched over the lens bulge as its final attachment. It is quick on and off, bump and water protective, simply amazing, and cheap. Size medium for an ME Super without winder, size large with winder. Find on Ebay for under five dollars, including shipping. Mine is medium grey color. It can be abraided and cruched up, only to spring back to life when rewrapping the camera.

Last edited by climbmountainway; 07-23-2017 at 10:01 PM.
07-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k22 Quote
Anyone know where I could find a case for the ME Super? The original is disintegrating. Thx.
Unfortunately the soft eveready cases for Pentax "M" series and newer manual focus film cameras are prone to disintegrating. (exception is the LX case)

I have purchased "new old stock" cases from a local camera store and after starting to use them they began to crack in a mater of weeks. They can last for 30-40 years in their original box wrapped in a plastic bag, but once you get the cases outside in the air/light it's downhill from there.

You can try KEH, as they usually have some cases for sale. If you go the eBay route just make sure the seller is actually selling a case for the ME Super and not one for another "M" series body. Sellers get the cases mixed up a lot.

Phil.
07-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
Pentaxian

My experience has been the same as Phil. My guess is that oil, the economy and reduced
profits in the camera market led Pentax to use cheaper materials for M-series camera cases.

A number of specialty camera accessory manufacturers offered cases to fit popular model cameras.
In some cases these have endured the years far better than the original Pentax branded models.
Some of these generic cases are model specific and some are "universal" (?). Find them on eBay.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 07-27-2017 at 01:41 PM.
07-24-2017, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #7
k22

Original Poster
Thanks all. I ordered a neoprene wrap per climbmountainway and will give the WTB a try. But I suspect the used fitted case idea may have to go. Saw some on the bay and they looked way beat up. Meanwhile, took test shots today after changing door seals and bumper. (cam been in a box for 30 years) Can't wait to see if there are any pix. But what a pleasure to use.
07-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I have purchased "new old stock" cases from a local camera store and after starting to use them they began to crack in a mater of weeks. They can last for 30-40 years in their original box wrapped in a plastic bag, but once you get the cases outside in the air/light it's downhill from there.
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
My experience has been the same as Phil.
Me too

I found a NOS Pentax case for my Super Program and the finish started flaking off within a few weeks. I needed a case, so it was no big deal despite looking nasty.

Steve