Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks good but shoot a roll of film and have it developed before you give feedback

08-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
good call, can't wait to get it!
08-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
well the purchases continue. i found a ME Super + ME II Winder + M 28mm f2.8 for $60CAD locally!
08-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I should also make one other note. I had not realized that the motor drive for the Super Program has a vertical release. For some reason, I simply did not know this. With this in mind, I consider it an extremely close race between the ME Super (with the ME Winder II) and Super Program (with the Motor Drive A). I have owned cameras with a vertical release on the drive, and was always pleased to have this feature...I may start looking for a Super Program...

Glen

Last edited by zx-m; 08-25-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo
10-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
An ME Super for 40 bucks is a great price. The ME Super is a gem of a camera. It is a delight to use. Top shutter is 1/2000, and flash sync is 1/125.

If I had a bunch of SMC-M lenses, then I would go for the ME Super. If I had a bunch ofSMC-A lenses, then I would be tempted to go for the Super Program. You need the SMC-A lens to take full advantage of the Super Program.

I think the ME Super is underrated. It was overshadowed by its big brother the MX, and people miss what a great camera it is.

On my K10 D, I mostly shot aperture-priority.
I love using my K 50/1.2 on my Z-1P film cam.
I thought I had to go SuperProgram to get aperture-priority in manual SLR, (I find the LX too big a camera for my needs).
So for sure, it is only now that I realize what a great option the ME Super is. (I also have an A-series lens, but on my Z-1P I find it no big deal to change aperture on the lens, it is what the wheel-dial is for )

QuoteOriginally posted by pasipasi Quote
I prefer the Super Program because it has dof preview, ttl flash support, asa dial goes up 3200 while Me Super does only 1600, better viewfinder even though it's smaller (Me Super's exposure times are hard to see in low light, with Super Program you can press a button that illuminates the lcd screens in the vf), Super Program has a lcd screen between the winder lever and the shutter button that shows the exposure time and the shutter sound is sexier lol.

Me Super is a bit lighter though and it is a great camera. I've set my Me Super on a tripod at night and it'll expose for minutes automatically. It's older than the Super Program and may have more faults due to age. I think my Me Super is underexposing half a step.

If you have the cash you should get both. I actually have one Super Program and two Super As, they're essentially the same. I bought one body with the ever-ready case and a good strap for 30eur on ebay, so they go for pretty cheap sometimes too. If you have two bodies, you can put different kind of film on each body
Thanks for your thoughts on the differences. I'm probably gonna end up one day with both as well
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #21

Super Program has full auto exposure mode, full manual, aperture priority and shutter priority.
Also has -2-1 +1+2 exposure compensation.