Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #1

Asahi Pentax S3 frame counter not advancing

Hi all,

I recently fixed my camera's stuck mirror issue and now I seem to have another problem.

My S3's film counter will not advance. It did for about a week after I bought it but now when I advance the film advance lever, iI no longer hear the 'click' where the frame counter is advancing by 1 unit.

I can sort of get around this by manually adjusting it by 1 after each shot using my finger nails and the 2 'buttons' on the counter.

Anybody know what may have caused this and what the fix may be?

I can see when i advance the film advance lever the little orange arrow is moving a little bit but it no longer follows through with the 'click' and the jump to the next unit.

11-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ravenorxs Quote
Hi all,

I recently fixed my camera's stuck mirror issue and now I seem to have another problem.

My S3's film counter will not advance. It did for about a week after I bought it but now when I advance the film advance lever, iI no longer hear the 'click' where the frame counter is advancing by 1 unit.

I can sort of get around this by manually adjusting it by 1 after each shot using my finger nails and the 2 'buttons' on the counter.

Anybody know what may have caused this and what the fix may be?

I can see when i advance the film advance lever the little orange arrow is moving a little bit but it no longer follows through with the 'click' and the jump to the next unit.
If you are handy, you can try to unscrew the counter (screw in centre). Be careful to remember the order the parts & washers go. Work over a towel to catch flyaway parts. It may just need oiling and a spring washer readjusted. I can't quite remember how I did it myself on a similar counter.