Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago   #1

Super ME part

Anyone know what this part is. It fell out of the camera when I had the bottom plate off. Its broken. Camera works ok.

Attached Images

4 Days Ago   #2
Veteran Member

Maybe a piece of the insulation around the winder contacts?
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ennisdavis23 Quote
Anyone know what this part is. It fell out of the camera when I had the bottom plate off. Its broken. Camera works ok.
Its impossible to say without stripping the camera down because there are several of these parts in the ME Super. Its one of the "bump stops", possibly from the mirror box mechanism on the right hand (shutter button) side of the camera. These hard rubber stops get brittle with age. They are there to damp the action of various levers so they do take a bit of hammering over the years.

The camera might work fine but the part is there for a reason and it being missing may accelerate wear on another item. If you want to return your ME Super to pristine condition, Eric (do a forum search on him) will service it for $65 which is tremendous value for money.