Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax SFX battery holder

Hello I hope someone can assist me with my query?
I have a Pentax SFX with a lithium ion battery holder . I have seen what I think is an AA battery holder for sale.I say think because the vendor cannot confirm wether this is an SFX grip.
From the photo the item looks identical to my lithium grip
But the letters SFX are missing from the AA grip.
Question is , has Pentax made a similar grip for other Pentax cameras ?
Item number is 37007 , and I cannot find any information on this grip.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Nadeem

11-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 2B1 Quote
Hello I hope someone can assist me with my query?
I have a Pentax SFX with a lithium ion battery holder . I have seen what I think is an AA battery holder for sale.I say think because the vendor cannot confirm wether this is an SFX grip.
From the photo the item looks identical to my lithium grip
But the letters SFX are missing from the AA grip.
Question is , has Pentax made a similar grip for other Pentax cameras ?
Item number is 37007 , and I cannot find any information on this grip.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Nadeem
This link may help:

Pentax Power Packs and Accessories

Phil.
11-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
2B1
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks , that is a battery grip for an SF1, I am unsure if this will fit my SFX.Even though the design is same/ similar to my lithium ion grip.
02-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm a bit late on this one but...

Pentax changed the position of the 'SFX' logo for the SFXn: The SFX has it on the outside of the battery grip (i.e. not on the camera body itself), the SFXn has it on the inside of the grip (i.e. on the rubber panel on the camera body itself). Thus, the SFX battery grips have SFX on the battery holder, the SFXn battery grip has no logo. Both are interchangeable. The model number I have for my 'SFX' battery grip (from the box) is '37001'. I presume the SF1/SF1n US model names are similarly different.

EDIT: The SFX (European model name) and SF1 (US model name) are the same camera, the accessories are interchangeable. Likewise the SFXn & SF1n are the same camera, their accessories are also interchangeable - and they all work with all four models.

Pentax also made the SF7 (cut-down version), I don't think there was an 'AA' battery grip available for this camera - it would be the only other Pentax camera that may have a similar battery holder.

Be careful when looking for an 'AA' battery grip, most of the ones advertised as such are actually for the Lithium 2CR5 battery - the AA grip is larger and has four chambers with contacts at both ends (the 2CR5 grip only has contacts at one end). It can be difficult to identify them from poor photos. The 2CR5 grip basically sits flush with the camera, the AA grip sticks out about half an inch.

John.

Last edited by johnha; 02-12-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Update for SFX/SF1 model names.