Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #1

How to fix a stuck Pentax ME II \ ii \ 2 winder

Came here looking for an answer for that question too, "Just got it and already broke it" I thought..
Actually took it apart and was about to give up, and try it our another day but fidled with it for abit and it came back to normal operation.

Please note that In the last page of the Winder manual it says never operate the winder with "B" - or it will stuck up the shutter, that's how it happened to me.

When that happens, do as follows:
1. Do not detach the camera. (or you will have to fiddle with it - that's where i got)
2. Open the advance lever and and change the mode from 'B' to 'Auto' - that should do the trick.

If you've paniced and done the mistake of taking the camera off and the winder did not retract - do as follows:
1. Turn the winder to 'OFF'.
2. Place the camera mode to 'B'
3. Re-connect the camera and press the shutter (we are trying to get back to the stage when the shutter got locked)
4. Turn the winder to 'S' or 'C' while holding the shutter.
5. Release the shutter - at this stage if the winder is still stuck, press on the shutter and change the mode on the camera to 'Auto' (this is what solved it for me)

Basically if you got the winder stuck, it may also happen if you misuse is (such as lightly click on the winder shutter multiple times) , try to fiddle with the mechanical settings until it will stop winding.

Make sure to read the manual before use: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/pentax/pentax_winder_meii/pentax_winder_me_ii.pdf

Take care

5 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums! Thank you for your excellent contribution.

QuoteOriginally posted by Exgen Quote
What they said ^ ^ ^

Steve