Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Inactive Account

No love for the LX?

Strange... I come to a Pentax-specific forum with apparently reasonable activity in the film bodies section, yet no mention of the LX? Nothing came up in a search, anyway...

LX users unite, I say to the empty room...

Jon, LX-toting Pentaxian.

08-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are several LX owners here. I am surprised that nothing came up in your search since there was a very extensive thread about a month ago regarding a user that had a NOS LX in its original packing materials almost given to him for less than $200. There are also a number of us that would love to become LX owners except that good examples are fiendishly hard to find.

In any case, welcome to the forum.

Steve

(No LX...in fact no Pentax film camera at all...nothing in my film body cupboard except for old Ricohs...)
08-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Maybe the search is broken then.

Oh, and a NOS LX for under $200... yeah, what a farkin' bargain. Mine's no prize cosmetically and I considered it a deal - it was around $250.

I got mine via ebay from a shop in an adjacent state about 4 years ago, used it for a year before some issues sprang up at which point I sent it to Pentax in Colorado and had it serviced. It's been a good one since.

Mine's got the older style shutter release lock, but it has the ISO3200 setting of newer ones - either a mid-production body, or an older one that was upgraded at some point.

Also have the FB1/FC1 finder in addition to the FA1 and a winder to help get the shot quick!

For such an old camera, it continues to amaze me with its abilities and how well thought out it is.
08-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

QuoteOriginally posted by juniusbugg Quote
Strange... I come to a Pentax-specific forum with apparently reasonable activity in the film bodies section, yet no mention of the LX? Nothing came up in a search, anyway...

I rarely shoot film nowadays, and when I do, I tend to pick my 645NII over the LX so as to get the larger negative. When shooting 35mm film it's either the LX or K2. My LX is pristine and almost too good to use hence the K2... If I could find a split image screen for my MX I would probably pick that for 35mm use.

08-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #5

Search Term Too Short

I think the problem may be that the search term LX is too short. I believe there is a limit of 3 characters for a search term in the forum.
I am the forum member that scored the LX on fleabay and sold it for a pretty penny. Here is a link to that post to get you started:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/31676-my-e-bay-lx-incredible.html

Got my FA31 for use on the PZ-1P and K100D... no regrets.
08-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by felix68 Quote
I think the problem may be that the search term LX is too short. I believe there is a limit of 3 characters for a search term in the forum.
I am the forum member that scored the LX on fleabay and sold it for a pretty penny. Here is a link to that post to get you started:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/31676-my-e-bay-lx-incredible.html

Got my FA31 for use on the PZ-1P and K100D... no regrets.
You lucky dawg.

You got that LX for peanuts then you turned around and got a 31ltd?? Geez.

I lust after the green star and Limited glass, if only for its blingtasticness...

I'm not worthy!!! *bows*

I do own one piece of green star glass though...
08-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Have two Lx cameras. One keeps the A15 3.5 permanently mounted. Nice cameras.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #9 WINNERS IN P&S forum, Enter #10. Any type camera except slr. Any brand. Any subject. Only one day left. Enter now! Film cameras are welcome.
08-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #8

I have two LX's also, along with a motor drive, battery grip and horizontal finder. They are great cameras, although I use them rarely since for 35mm film I use my MZ-S most of the time.

Tom

08-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Just got myself an LX, my first. Really love it. Haven't run any film w/ it yet, don't shoot film much nowadays, but I really love to get the best 35mm film camra by Pentax...
08-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #10
Site Supporter

I got an LX recently and I really love it. Got the first couple rolls back from development and I like the results. Also got back my first roll shot with the 6x7 with equally pleasing results. From now on my camera bag will have three setups in it: (1) the LX with FA 50mm 1.4 and loaded with Tri-x, (2) the 6x7 with 55mm 4.0 (late 67 version) loaded with Tri-x or 100 ASA depending whether I have a tripod or not with me and (3) the K10D with Voigtlander 125 Macro.

This way I'm set up for all of my primary interests: people, landscapes and macro.

Best regards,
Boucicaut
08-31-2008, 06:01 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I've got an LX, too, although it hasn't seen much use since I got my K10D. I keep intending to fix that, though. I bought my LX used many years ago and it came with 3 finders: two eye-level finders..one w/hot shoe, one w/o (that's the one I've always used with it)...and a waist-level finder. I think I'm going to try shooting an entire roll of film using the waist-level finder to see how it affects my photography since I tend to shoot mostly verticals.
08-31-2008, 06:19 AM   #12
Banned

I have no love for the LX because I dont own one... would really love to get my hands on one though, though having an MX id sooner get a 6x7 than an LX.
08-31-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I have no love for the LX because I dont own one... would really love to get my hands on one though, though having an MX id sooner get a 6x7 than an LX.
Same here; though I own an ME and would rather have a 645II

(saw someone selling an original 645 with an 80mm and 135mm lens for 350 euros. good deal?)
08-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
Inactive Account

LX's are bloody hard to find, and even harder to find at a price most can afford.

As much as I'd love one, my list of wants runs something like this:

* 645N
* MZ-S

A Sixty would be nice, but my ME-Super does all the things I'd probably do on the LX.
08-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Inactive Account

I own an MX which I had CLA'd this spring and am currently in the middle of a roll of Kodak Elite Chrome 400. (And have some Tri-X 400 waiting for development).

Been browsing ebay for a good lx, would even considering sell my K10D for one, but they're all either in need of repair or selling for $500+ dollars. (or both!)

It's my ideal film camera, (mostly) mechanical and small like the MX with the convenience of aperture priority and exposure compensation.

The viewfinder is supposed to be amazing, using the MX feels like medium format after the K10D's APS-C finder.