Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2018, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
There's new film on eBay!

What's the most unusual/obscure film those places sell?
I'm not a film aficionado so maybe this isn't obscure, but Blue Moon sells Minox spy camera film

01-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
I'm lucky living in what might be hipster capital USA, Portland, Oregon. I have 3 local shops to buy film from. Blue Moon has the most diverse selection. Pro Photo has the best prices. Citizens is the closest to my house. I shop at each for those reasons. I go to eBay if I'm itching for expired film.
What they said ^ ^ ^

Not only do these stores have fresh stock (some in refrigerated storage), but the selection is good and includes other than 35mm and 120.

As for me...I am not close to the Portland stores and tend to buy online from B&H, Freestyle, and (ever so rarely) Maco Direct (Germany).

Steve
01-20-2018, 03:19 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
I'm not a film aficionado so maybe this isn't obscure, but Blue Moon sells Minox spy camera film
They also have 110, 127, 620, and instant camera films in addition to the more pedestrian 35mm, 120, and sheet films (four sizes). Makers include Adox, Agfa, Bergger, Fuji, Ilford, Kodak, Kentmere, Lomography, New55, Impossible, and Rollei. I would expect that they will add JCH and Ferrania*. Great place, Blue Moon

Steve

(No relationship to Blue Moon except as a satisfied customer. )

* One of the guys behind the counter is part of the Ferrania team.

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-20-2018 at 03:32 PM.
01-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They also have 110, 127, 620, and instant camera films in addition to the more pedestrian 35mm, 120, and sheet films (four sizes). Makers include Adox, Agfa, Bergger, Fuji, Ilford, Kodak, Kentmere, Lomography, New55, Impossible, and Rollei. I would expect that they will add JCH and Ferrania*. Great place, Blue Moon

Steve

(No relationship to Blue Moon except as a satisfied customer. )

* One of the guys behind the counter is part of the Ferrania team.
I can confirm that Blue Moon does stock JCH and Ferrania P30. I bought a few rolls of the 2nd batch of JCH and 1 roll of P30 there last month.

01-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Freestyle mail order is my main source for film and processing supplies.

I like to support them with my business for their ongoing commitment to film photographers.

Chris
01-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I usually buy my B&W film from my local camera shop. But when I buy color, I tend to shop around, and more often than not, I buy from Freestyle.