Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2018, 01:14 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It has been mentioned on TOP and on other film photography sites that anyone using this film should have it developed ASAP after you have finished the roll for the best image quality. I will also point out that High speed films are designed to give the highest speeds with the lowest contrast, by all means expose at box speed - but remember : a little overexposure never hurts with negative films, Since most people are developing their own films here making your own judgements on EI can help get the results that you want.

QuoteOriginally posted by gutter rock Quote
TMax 100, at least in 120 size had a manufacturing problem with the backing paper
As I recall they were using the thicker Estar base and this was burning out the auto winder motors on modern MF cameras, the pressure plates were exerting quite a bit of force that required a lot of torque to overcome.

04-11-2018, 12:08 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now that TMZ is back and distributed, here are some examples from the new batch I purchased.

I personally am delighted this film is back, it was one of my most used before it was discontinued. And it's so refreshing to use this film fresh; the most recent batch I had expired in 2014 and was barely usable.

Also, for those wanting to know some details on what's involved bring back Ektachrome, here's an excellent audio interview outlining the steps and the why and how.