Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The PZ-1 has the two wheels to change the shutter speed and aperture, so that is good, but I think it's kind of big & heavy. The MZ-S I prefer for the size and shape, but the "wheel" for the shutter speed seems slightly awkward compared to the PZ-1/DSLR wheels. But you can still use the traditional on-the-lens aperture control with your left hand.

03-07-2018, 12:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gutter rock Quote
The PZ-1P!! Aren’t we still unsure if the MZ-S has the dreaded plastic mirror gear of death? I tried to find definitive answers on it and when I couldn’t come to a conclusion, I just bought the PZ1P. I was all about getting an MZ-S but not paying that price until I know for sure about that gear!
It's always been my understanding that it did not. The other MZ bodies did however, though a number of folks have succesfully converted those (I have the replacement gear for an MZ-3 thought I've never gotten around to doing it since it's still working fine.)
03-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Wow. MZ-S prices sure have shot up (like many popular film shooters) in the past year or two or three since I last looked. The used film market has gone bananas.
03-07-2018, 11:21 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Wow. MZ-S prices sure have shot up (like many popular film shooters) in the past year or two or three since I last looked. The used film market has gone bananas.
Good film bodies have gone up in price the past few years, and I would venture to guess part of that is we have more people shooting film the past few years, not much in the way of New film bodies, and a lot of camera repair men are retiring (the local one I use has been in business since 1976 and is semi-retired now).

03-08-2018, 12:03 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
Good film bodies have gone up in price the past few years, and I would venture to guess part of that is we have more people shooting film the past few years, not much in the way of New film bodies, and a lot of camera repair men are retiring (the local one I use has been in business since 1976 and is semi-retired now).
Yes, precisely, I know. The MZ-S was always a bit higher up the totem pole of used sales, but was more reasonable compared to others. Was just surprised to see it's really jumped more than most... though I'm not surprised actually I suppose. It's always been a darling among Pentaxers.