Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #1

Pentax LX meter won't turn off / battery drain after CLA

Hello all, so I bought a Pentax LX and inmmediately notice a focus problem the rest of the camera was working correctly, so I sent the camera to Eric, he told me the camera needs CLA and new foams, so I agree, after a couple of weeks I get my camera back today and realize the meter wasn't working, I change the batteries to a new set (LR44) and starts working correctly, but now the meter won't turn off, so I assume that is the reason the first batteries were dead, I already emailed Eric about this problem after he did the CLA but he doesn't reply, and it seems email is the only way to contact him, I was checking some other posts about being a problem of the shutter, battery compartment or circuit board but the camera didn't have this problem before I sent it to Eric and as far as I know there is a warranty of 6 months when you use his services, what do you guys think? please help me out

04-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jayy Quote
what do you guys think? please help me out
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Persist with Eric. He is usually very good about taking care of problems that might come up.

Steve
04-21-2018, 03:50 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric is good as gold. He stands behind his work, so relax. He is "old school" and
doesn't monitor email 24/7 - most of the time he is busy working, doing repairs!

Chris
04-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
To date I've repaired countless electro-mechanical devices - only a handful of cameras so far, and I can say without hesitation that a failure can surface that is completely unrelated to the problem being repaired. To control cost, oftentimes repairs are isolated to just the failure. Sometimes it does make sense to dig deeper - this is where experience pays off. But of course this does raise costs in parts and labor.

However, it is also possible that during a repair a failure can be introduced.

Given what we know of Eric, I am confident he would know if any "new problems" were introduced by him.

04-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What everyone else said. Eric gets it done if he's aware of a problem (and he isn't always aware). These cameras are between a quarter and half century old. Stuff happens.
05-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The same problem surfaced with mine just a couple of weeks after purchase. Bummer. Will probably sell it for parts later, but for the time being I'm enjoying a day of shooting per set of batteries...