Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I would NOT recommend cleaning the focusing screen. the glass can be scratched very easily, very easily. they also have coatings on them which can be easily damaged as well. have you tried a blower?
thanks! yup i've tried the blower and it doesn't seem to help oh well i guess i'll have it cleaned one day

09-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #47
Banned

yea I know how you feel, I have a few particles on the focusing screen of one of my MX's. they have gotten lodged inside the split-image section in the center of the screen. I have been so far very unsuccessful in removing them. of course the MX has interchangeable screens... so if I can only find a NOS screen that would be great.
09-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi again guys! I'm really enjoying so far! I'm hunting now for a wide (28/30/35) and a telephoto (85 or 100).

I'm interested in what filters I can get? I'm happy that they're affordable heehee I found a linear polarizer and colored filters of all sorts but I don't know which ones I should get or which ones are "essential". I tried reading up on them but some of them have different descriptions. any help?
09-22-2008, 03:46 AM   #49
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
I found a linear polarizer and colored filters of all sorts but I don't know which ones I should get or which ones are "essential". I tried reading up on them but some of them have different descriptions. any help?
None of them are "essential". I've been taking good shots since 1954 (Argus C3) without filters. Yesterday I ordered a couple of rolls of Kodachrome 64, one for the Spotmatic and one for the K1000. A little trip down memory lane. Without filters. Mostly using Fuji Velvia 100 though.

09-22-2008, 06:17 AM   #50
Veteran Member

If you want to see the effects of filters on B&W, maybe the easiest way is to use Virtual Photographer: Welcome to optikVerve Labs - Home of virtualPhotographer
10-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #51

I just wanna say that I have a Pentax ME Super and I adore it. The thing is built like a brick shithouse and it's battery lasts for over a year, and in a pinch you can still use the 125x shutter speed that is also it's flash synch.

I've used it, I've absuded it, and it keeps asking for more.