Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Some films are hard to find in some areas, others are very expensive in some areas. Some people will have more light than others depending on the season and location. Some of us also have significant stashes of expired film they need to work through before buying new. There are some films I've tried and would never buy again (Foma) so I'm not going to spend money on them. And that's not getting into formats - some people only shoot MF or LF, others only small format, others a mix...

I'd suggest that if any limitations are put on film that it be simple colour or B&W, nothing more. Beyond that the "single in" portion can be limited to a single roll of film, a single camera (obviously, though it's technically possible sometimes to switch) and a single lens.
I like the idea of specific film. I’m open to trying new things. No single event is going to please everyone. We all have the choice to participate each month, or not. Let’s get this thing started! I think I have four C-41 color stocks in 120 and 135, one roll of 35mm Velvia, and three different B&W flavors between 120 and 135.

I have Ektar in an MX and 6x7 and Tri-X 400 in the 645n @ 400 and in the LX pushed to 1600.

Planning to take Delta 3200 and Portra 400 for the 6x7 and a 35mm or two next week on vacation.

05-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, let's get this rolling.

I've started a Film Challenge Group, Click Here

And I've started a discussion thread for the month of June. We have two weeks to sort it out and pick a film and etc.
05-14-2018, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
How about my original suggested schedule?

June: longer lenses (anything longer than "normal", actual focal length dependent on format)
July: go wide (anything wider than normal).
August: Go slow... Velvia month (any speed)
September: lets be normal for a change
October: colour month, Kodak Portra (any speed)
November: classic BW, Kodak Tri-X
December: use something unusual (old folder, fish-eye lens, shift lens, weird film... up to you)

So in June I'd like to shoot some Portra 160 using my M85/2 lens with one of my MXs. We should start a June discussion thread where we say what we are planning to use, and chat about how it is going. Then when we have something to post, start our own thread with a title like "June 2018, M85, Portra 160, roll 1".

Best wishes, Kris.
05-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
How about my original suggested schedule?

June: longer lenses (anything longer than "normal", actual focal length dependent on format)
July: go wide (anything wider than normal).
August: Go slow... Velvia month (any speed)
September: lets be normal for a change
October: colour month, Kodak Portra (any speed)
November: classic BW, Kodak Tri-X
December: use something unusual (old folder, fish-eye lens, shift lens, weird film... up to you)

So in June I'd like to shoot some Portra 160 using my M85/2 lens with one of my MXs. We should start a June discussion thread where we say what we are planning to use, and chat about how it is going. Then when we have something to post, start our own thread with a title like "June 2018, M85, Portra 160, roll 1".

Best wishes, Kris.
I think it’s a good schedule. June discussion thread is up!

05-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Late to the party - but I'm in, too! I'll join the group ASAP.

Thanks, Kris, for taking the lead on this!
05-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I'll see what I can do from 1-12 and 28-30 June. I'll be gone for a training exercise in between. I'm taking a recently acquired P&S, Portra 800 and Tri-X 400 with me. I have a 90 and 200 I could play with on the K mount bodies and a 135 on M42.
06-01-2018, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #37

Hello,

I just joined the group.
I've been saying to myself for months (since I moved) that I need to load my MX and go shooting, this will be the perfect occasion.

Thanks to those who suggested/organized the challenge.

06-01-2018, 05:50 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like we have a good group for the first month!
09-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I just thought I'd bump this for anyone that doesn't realize that we're doing this. Its a lot of fun, but it would be great to get some more people posting images. Next month it looks like we're doing 'chrome' (positive/transparency/slide film.)

Film Shooter Challenge - PentaxForums.com
09-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sorry I've been remiss lately. Hoping to get back into shooting some film this fall, when the leaves turn.
09-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I'm sorry I've been remiss lately. Hoping to get back into shooting some film this fall, when the leaves turn.
no problem. Get some velvia or provia (cheap and slightly expired linked here: October - film shooter challenge discussion thread - Film Shooter Challenge - PentaxForums.com ) to capture those fall colors. I doubt Ektachrome will be out in time, still, the Fuji chromes can look very nice.