Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got P30t and P3n and I don't really use them anymore after I got a Super A, which just feels so much better in my hand :P

09-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #32
Banned

here is my bad attempt at some magazine style photography typically like you'd see in a gun magazine. this is my workhorse, not so great cosmetically but performs like a champ. enjoy.

09-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Here's my ME Super. Used it as my desktop wallpaper hehe... couldn't find the original file, so I hope a screenshot will do...

Soft box with tracing paper as diffusers, black cartolina cardboard and two desklamps on each side...
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
This is a Pentax S3. I got tired of submitting static photos of my cameras, so I tried to generate a little interest by putting some period accessories around it.
Beautiful photo, and thank you for the interesting info on all the pieces.

(Just got a Tele-Tak 200/5.6 which is TINY, reminds me of PEN-FT lenses...)

Leadbelly, I love how you arranged and lighted your ME Super. Séamuis, ditto for your MX. It is really good to see all these cameras in use and appreciated.

09-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Beautiful photo, and thank you for the interesting info on all the pieces. (Just got a Tele-Tak 200/5.6 which is TINY, reminds me of PEN-FT lenses...)
Thanks to you for starting this thread. I'll have a few more additions... heh.

That Tele-Tak represents a hole in my collection. If you think it is worth a discussion under the lens discussions I'd love to hear your impressions. I actually really need one of those as I continue to labor with 135mm as my max reach right now. Presets are just what the doctor ordered for use with DSLRs too. For whatever reason, I prefer them over auto/manual switch on Super/SMC Takumars.

Séamuis, nice photos. Moody, well executed. Interesting period piece too. The Vietnam war ended in 1975, and the MX came out in 1976. Was there a reason for the reference? I like it, but don't want to read anything into it lest I make a fool of myself. (NOT a long trip). I've always wanted to do something similar to this with my (dare I say it) Nikkormat FTn.

Well done all really, I am enjoying this thread.

Seaain
09-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #36
Pentaxian

My film Cameras - MX and K2

Hi all,

Continuing our trip down memory lane here are a couple of old friends. The MX was my first camera of any sort and holds a lot of good memories. As I was taking these shots I was reminded of how beautifully made cameras of this era were. Advancing the film lever is like winding a fine old watch. I added the MX winder and Dial Data MX over time. Sadly, the Data unit’s year recording capability ran out in 1993 but still works perfectly in all other respects.

The K2 was purchased as a backup for the MX – some backup! The K2 doesn’t get a lot of love but I think it is a great camera.

09-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, I back my spotty from Eric.
he went through it and replaced all the seals and got the meter working and I loaded it with some fuji color 100
and will be leaving work early today...I just need to figure out where to go. There is never anything to do in L.A.
This precious Spotmatic I purchased from Hin at a really good price.
I have since added A Super Tak 35mm F/3.5 and a Super Tak 135mm F/2.8 so I am ready...

09-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #38
Pentaxian

My me super enjoying lunch with me.

09-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #39
Pentaxian

The family

Is is strange that we take pictures of our gear?
09-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #40
Banned

QuoteQuote:
The Vietnam war ended in 1975, and the MX came out in 1976. Was there a reason for the reference? I like it, but don't want to read anything into it lest I make a fool of myself. (NOT a long trip).
no, there is no direct reference though I see how one could come to that conclusion. I have all sorts of vietnam era army gear (my father was a helicopter crew chief) the OG-107 'Jungle Jacket' I bought (NOS) the patch belonged to my father, its a 'Veterans Against the War' patch. I usually wear this when I hit the streets so I thought it was fiting.

8540tomg, thats a wicked MX Ive never seen one with the dial back before. if Pentax knew us pentaxians would still be using these cameras this long they might have built it to go well past 1993!
09-16-2008, 06:09 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Going for the ghostly approach. I failed.
Attached Images

09-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
Gorgeous shot. Something about those little ME Supers really appeals to me.
I forget who asked, but yeah, the shot I posted earlier is my old p30t workhorse