Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sandy_ada Quote
Not sure if it’s that; Eric repaired/CLA’d it in January. The problem the first time was the silver lever failing to catch the black one, as you said.
Resurrecting this simply to ask if you had any luck remedying this yourself, or if you were able to have Eric address the problem.... ???
Always nice to have a postmortem of sorts on these sorts of threads.

01-02-2019, 03:22 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote

Hi there and Happy new year.
I followed all your steps but it is still jammed. I loaded it with my fingernail but can the shutter button doesn't want to work. Is there anything else I could try?
'Thanks so much for help family'
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G9600  Photo 
01-02-2019, 08:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Beyond what is shown in the video that I posted, I don't know how to fix the issue that you are having. It sounds like the problem may be somewhere else inside the camera, like under the top cover, or under the front cover. I am not so brave as to attempt disassembly to that level. Sorry.
05-27-2019, 09:40 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Resurrecting this simply to ask if you had any luck remedying this yourself, or if you were able to have Eric address the problem.... ???
Always nice to have a postmortem of sorts on these sorts of threads.
I didn't see this, sorry this a very late followup. I did get it fixed by Eric, who seems to have replaced much of the body. Unfortunately it jammed again in December, and I haven't touched it since. The shutter curtain is looking a little off this time too. I pulled it out of my bag after a plane ride to load it and immediately noticed the curtains, and found that the lever wouldn't move when I tried. Today I dug up a black SV that I have, in hopes of using that instead. I'm not sure if I'll send the other one in for anything, or just give up on it.

08-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #20

I’ve the same problem with my SV. But it is odd: I can advance the film lever, but it doesn’t rotate any wheels. Any advices?
12-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
You freaking legend, you just saved my camera!