Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2018, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
37 down, 57 left to go 😥
Just got some Chinon, Sears, Vivitar, & (alot of) Ricoh camera's left to go, slow & steady though 😧
A decent amount of Cosina, a bit from Vivitar, & odd-ball-brand clones/rebadges up so far.
Of course, a couple slipped through with some wrong info, wrong photo/no photo, of course is my bad (should be updated soon).

07-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
37 down, 57 left to go
Just got some Chinon, Sears ...

This is a good idea. Thanks for all the work.

I've amassed several Sears K mount bodies via collecting Sears lenses. If you'd like, I'd be happy to add my Sears bodies to the database.

. . .
Though for some reason I can't seem to go back & edit the info.

I was going to ask if others can edit specifications if we have additional info? But I guess the answer is no..?
07-08-2018, 01:21 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
This is a good idea. Thanks for all the work.

I've amassed several Sears K mount bodies via collecting Sears lenses. If you'd like, I'd be happy to add my Sears bodies to the database.

I was going to ask if others can edit specifications if we have additional info? But I guess the answer is no..?
I already got the manuals for Ricoh (22) & Sears (10) camera's downloaded, just haven't gotten a chance to start on 'em yet, but will be starting on them & have 'em up soon though over the next few days.

As far as editing specs, the few I've messed up on but didn't notice till right after I submited it I just clicked on the "Report Review" button & added the correct info to it (just waiting a mod to update em/change it).
Any info that is missing/should be corrected/additional info I'd say should be done that way, I know some of the Chinon "CP" camera's aren't 100% accurate/missing some info.
07-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I already got the manuals for Ricoh (22) & Sears (10) camera's downloaded, just haven't gotten a chance to start on 'em yet, but will be starting on them & have 'em up soon though over the next few days . . .

Okay. Thanks again.

07-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Added 10 so far, which I forgot to add photos on 2.

Spec wise I've been going off what's in the manuals, so I'm sure they're ~95% accurate on the one's I've put up so far, but I'm sure whatever's missing/inaccurate is probably in the manual & I'm sure missed it or didn't read it right/wasn't 100% sure on it.Though in a couple cases, it didn't show the specific battery the camera takes (e.g LR44/SR44), so had to google it, in which case may or may not be right.

Though for some reason I can't seem to go back & edit the info.
Where are you getting the photos? Do you own all these?

Steve
07-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Where are you getting the photos? Do you own all these?

Steve
I google the company & camera model, pick the best looking photo (w/o watermarks) of the camera & upload it.
No I don't, but there's some that I've seen so far that I wish I did, just don't have the money to get them.

The camera's I've put up so far (and the one's I'm still working on) I've found the manuals from Free camera instruction manuals, camera instructions, free film camera user guide, camera manual, camera instruction manuals,Â* Canon camera manual, Nikon camera manual, Ricoh camera manuals, Sears Camera Manuals, PDF camera instruction manuals, which has been such a great resource so far. There's been some 3rd party camera's that I've found online that are K-mount, but can't find any info on 'em, if there is it's sketchy at best or the manuals for them so I don't want to add them just to add them without any concrete info to go with it.
07-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I google the company & camera model, pick the best looking photo (w/o watermarks) of the camera & upload it.
The question is whether they are copyrighted. Most (all?) of the photos for the reviews on this site are submitted by the person that took them (the copyright holder). In many cases lenses/cameras are reviewed without a photo for the main entry with the photo added later as one becomes available.

As for the manuals from the Jim Butkus site, they are free to download, but he does appreciate a donation if the manuals are useful.

Steve

07-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Permission from the original photographer? Attribution?
07-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The question is whether they are copyrighted. Most (all?) of the photos for the reviews on this site are submitted by the person that took them (the copyright holder). In many cases lenses/cameras are reviewed without a photo for the main entry with the photo added later as one becomes available.

As for the manuals from the Jim Butkus site, they are free to download, but he does appreciate a donation if the manuals are useful.

Steve
I dont believe so, they were found mainly on sites like ebay and such. If you (or another mod) want to take them to be on the safe side go ahead, I'll make sure not to upload any photos to any of the ones I put up from know on though.

---------- Post added 07-08-18 at 06:48 PM ----------

It's just something that didn't cross my mind when I was putting them up.
07-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

If you (or another mod) want to take them to be on the safe side go ahead
I'm not a mod, just a member with a high post count and too many years hanging out here. I sent Adam a note asking his opinion and he can decide if there is any reason for concern.

Steve
07-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #41
Forum Member

I'm not a mod, just a member with a high post count and too many years hanging out here. I sent Adam a note asking his opinion and he can decide if there is any reason for concern.

Steve
If need be, I have many of the Ricoh's, Chinons and Sears and can take photos.
07-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kneemeister Quote
If need be, I have many of the Ricoh's, Chinons and Sears and can take photos.
I am making photos of the two Ricoh models that I added (XR-2s and XR7).

Steve
07-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #43
Forum Member

I am making photos of the two Ricoh models that I added (XR-2s and XR7).

Steve
I will take photos and add the XR-P, KR-30sp, A-100/KR-10 tomorrow evening. Its past my bedtime tonight.
07-08-2018, 10:19 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Steve
You know what, just have him take down all the photo's I put up & have any users that have a specific camera upload a photo as the main camera photo (if they're ok with it). I'd rather be safe than sorry, I don't want the site to get in trouble for my stupidness/major brainfart for not thinking about it till now.
07-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ok, added the last of the camera's I've been able to find manuals for/information on, with the exception of the few that others have added. Also deleted the photos I added to the camera's I put up because like I said, I'd rather be safe than sorry & I dont want the site to get in trouble for my major brainfart.