Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My first K mount was a Miranda MS-2 Super sold by Dixons in the UK with a 35-70 zoom outfit (almost certainly a Cosina). It seems to copy the ME Super interface with up/down buttons to set the shutter speed in manual.

07-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #47
Forum Member

How can we add photos to all the ones that have no photo, only the original poster can edit, I have several of the listed cameras but there is no way to add them to the listings except in a review posting.
07-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have added this category here:
Third-Party Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Third-Party K Mount Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Are you able to upload new camera entries there?
Hey Adam, as a bit of a strange question, is there the possibility of a M42 bodies equivalent? I’ve probably come across more weird screwmount stuff than K mount...

I’m also curious if there’s value to having a Pentaxian view or other cameras. There seem to be a bunch of us with other brands, and it would be interesting to see how we approach those funny boxes with wrong mounts...

Obviously, I can hop over to your other forum if I want to read about Nikons, but that tells me what Nikon folks think about them, not what folks who aren’t necessarily steeped in the mystique would make of them...

And I’ve seen the few thoroughly reviewed third party cameras here, but I was thinking more along the line of the user-generated stuff...

Or did I miss where this was already discussed?

Thanks,

-Eric
07-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #49
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kneemeister Quote
How can we add photos to all the ones that have no photo, only the original poster can edit, I have several of the listed cameras but there is no way to add them to the listings except in a review posting.
Please e-mail them to , along with a link to the page, and I can add them.

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Hey Adam, as a bit of a strange question, is there the possibility of a M42 bodies equivalent? I’ve probably come across more weird screwmount stuff than K mount...
Not a bad idea, but I'll have to give this some thought so that the listings don't come off as confusing.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also the German Foto-Quelle (label "Revuenon") and Photo-Porst both used K Bayonet for their first SLR lines after abandoning M42.
They both switched to another bayonet later, probably because they changed the supplier of their bodies and lenses. While offering K bayonets, these had been Chinon (Revuenon bodies) and Cosina (Porst bodies and lenses).

Both were at times (mid to late seventies, early eighties) the biggest distributors of Photographic equipment in most European countries.

Also the Agfa SLRs used K bayonet. Their bodies (and lenses, "Agfa Color") were re-branded Chinons, and most of them quite good. The bodies however showed the typical Agfa design, but the inerts were identical with the Chinon models.

Last edited by RKKS08; 07-18-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added info, typing
07-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
Also the German Foto-Quelle (label "Revuenon") and Photo-Porst both used K Bayonet for their first SLR lines after abandoning M42.
They both switched to another bayonet later, probably because they changed the supplier of their bodies and lenses. While offering K bayonets, these had been Chinon (Revuenon bodies) and Cosina (Porst bodies and lenses).

Both were at times (mid to late seventies, early eighties) the biggest distributors of Photographic equipment in most European countries.

Also the Agfa SLRs used K bayonet. Their bodies (and lenses, "Agfa Color") were re-branded Chinons, and most of them quite good. The bodies however showed the typical Agfa design, but the inerts were identical with the Chinon models.
Based on what I've seen, many, if not most third-party K-mount SLRs were based on the Cosina CT1 Super
07-29-2018, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #52

Ricoh KR5 Super, very similar to the K1000 although I prefer the sprocket on the take up spool over the K1000. Blew the dust off and have started putting some film through it in the last week.

07-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MilleniumFalcon Quote
Ricoh KR5 Super, very similar to the K1000 although I prefer the sprocket on the take up spool over the K1000. Blew the dust off and have started putting some film through it in the last week.
The KR-5 is one of the third party K-mount cameras that was at least designed by Cosina.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/cosina_made_slr.doc

RICOH XR-1
RICOH KR-5
RICOH KR-500
RICOH KR-5 SUPER2
RICOH SINGLEX TLS
RICOH KR-10 SUPER

I take this list with a grain of salt. It claims the P30T was made by Cosina...as well as a number of Chinon'. It seems to me Chinon was Cosina's direct competitor...an OEM making cameras for sale as house brands...
07-30-2018, 01:07 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The KR-5 is one of the third party K-mount cameras that was at least designed by Cosina.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/cosina_made_slr.doc

RICOH XR-1
RICOH KR-5
RICOH KR-500
RICOH KR-5 SUPER2
RICOH SINGLEX TLS
RICOH KR-10 SUPER

I take this list with a grain of salt. It claims the P30T was made by Cosina...as well as a number of Chinon'. It seems to me Chinon was Cosina's direct competitor...an OEM making cameras for sale as house brands...
There's a Chinon model that looks like it is based on a Cosina body, though.
08-02-2018, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
There's a Chinon model that looks like it is based on a Cosina body, though.

Yes, there is. It's the Chinon CM-7.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/GkIAAOSwkLhaKpxX/s-l1600.jpg