Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
That's an extremely generous offer but after reading Colton's review of his Bronica and all the bits he's managed to collect for it -so far - I decided to take Chickentender's advice "I wouldn't overthink it too much. If it comes down to it, pick the one you find the nicest to look at so that you can smile bigger while it sits on the shelf when not in use" and took the plunge and bought this Flexaret from a guy in France for €101 and if it doesn't work out it will look kind of nice on the shelf.

After all this generous advice from everybody I shall have to report back on how I get on with it, I have a couple of rolls of Formapan 100 with which to test it.

CD
Congrats! Nice looking Flexaret. I've never used a Flexaret, but I do like the look of them and have been tempted to buy one on more than one occasion.
Fellow member g026r uses a Flexaret, he can probably help you with any questions you might have.

06-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! Post up some photos from it some time, bet it takes great images.
06-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #48
Veteran Member

I have and regularly use:
- Zeiss Ercona 1 (6x9)
- Yashica EM (6x6)
- Bronica ETR and ETRSI (6x4.5)

If youre looking for a quality 120 system for not a lot of money, the ETR system is phenomenal. I use my Yashica as a walk around. I got it for $50 on eBay and then sent it to Zach's for a complete overhaul (~$90). If you're looking for a great TLR, you absolutely cannot beat a Yashica with Yashinon lens for the money. Extremely sharp.

06-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Bokeh from the Rolleiflex

Testing it with some 20-year-expired PRN
Probably shot at f4 or 5.6, 1/50s
Really lousy scan by the local lab

-Eric