Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 17dew Quote
I had a KX with the same behavior,it ended up going to Eric.He did a CLA and meter replacement.
i'm thinkin' i may end up going that route if i can't get it going in the next couple of days.

07-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also one more thing to check before you send it in for a CLA.

Check that you have the two S76 type batteries in the proper orientation for +/-, the KX is different from some Pentax models. (Refer to the KX manual link that I posted earlier.)

Phil.
07-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Also one more thing to check before you send it in for a CLA.

Check that you have the two S76 type batteries in the proper orientation for +/-, the KX is different from some Pentax models. (Refer to the KX manual link that I posted earlier.)

Phil.
yep, double checked...no go.
07-04-2018, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rickxx Quote
yep, double checked...no go.
Yep sounds like a trip to Eric's is in order, he'll get it to 100% working condition.

Phil.

07-05-2018, 07:40 AM - 2 Likes   #20

Original Poster
IT'S ALIVE! left the meter on overnight. when i checked it this morning the needle was mid-frame but still not working properly. more playing with the asa dial, shutter speed dial and aperture lever and it started to work intermittently. removed batteries and reinstalled but only lightly tightened and it seems to be working properly. battery check works; needle moves appropriately when aperture is changed. now to give it a good cleaning, check and replace the seals, then a roll of film. thanks everyone for the suggestions.
07-05-2018, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rickxx Quote
IT'S ALIVE! left the meter on overnight. when i checked it this morning the needle was mid-frame but still not working properly. more playing with the asa dial, shutter speed dial and aperture lever and it started to work intermittently. removed batteries and reinstalled but only lightly tightened and it seems to be working properly. battery check works; needle moves appropriately when aperture is changed. now to give it a good cleaning, check and replace the seals, then a roll of film. thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Good news! Also give the battery contacts a good cleaning, as well as the battery cap.

Enjoy the KX, it's my all time favorite Pentax film body.

Phil.
07-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
IT'S ALIVE!
Great news! Thanks for the update,wish mine would've been that easy.

07-05-2018, 02:06 PM - 2 Likes   #23

Original Poster
even though it's now fully functional, i'm still gonna send it in to eric for a cla. there was a sticker in the camera with a service date of 1988 so after 30 years, it's due.
07-05-2018, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Also, check the batteries... I've noticed a lot of my batteries of late have been, frankly, lousy.
I think I've been buying old ones or something... a quick swap may save you money...

-Eric
07-06-2018, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
At the beginning of this thread I wrote that I just had ordered a km. Now it's back from its trip to Eric and it's an entirely "new" camera. The wind lever was a bit rough before, everything is so smooth now. Worth sending your kx even if it seems to be working, the meter could be well off.

Last edited by aaacb; 07-06-2018 at 06:18 AM.