Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-28-2018, 01:53 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 1958nc Quote
I've sent quite a few cameras to Newton Ellis in Liverpool over the years. Very approachable over the phone.
Actually, Newton Ellis replaced the selenium cells in my Weston Master V light meter a few years back. At the time they had less than ten replacement selenium cells in stock, which they said were the only ones remaining in the UK.

10-12-2018, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Now that Robin at Harrow Technical has retired, can anyone recommend somewhere in the UK that can CLA older Pentax bodies to a high standard? I got my MX done at Harrow Technical about six months before they closed but if I had known they were closing, I would have had my ME Super done there also.

There is nothing wrong with the ME Super at the moment but I've owned it for ten years and I doubt it has ever been serviced. I'd like to be using all my old Pentax bodies in 15 years time if I'm still around
Well you can still send it to Robin to do.

I'm expecting my MX back on Monday that he has just finished.
10-16-2018, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kim Coxon Quote
Well you can still send it to Robin to do.

I'm expecting my MX back on Monday that he has just finished.
Right....... prompted by your reply, I went to the Harrow Technical website and found that Robin is still doing repair work (presumably) from his own home now. Thanks for the info.
10-16-2018, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Right....... prompted by your reply, I went to the Harrow Technical website and found that Robin is still doing repair work (presumably) from his own home now. Thanks for the info.
For privacy reasons, his info is not on the website. But email him and I got a reply withing 24 hours, arranged for the work and he sent the address.

As usual fantastic work and service.