Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Are there viewfinder attachments for the K1000?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello!

I've noticed my K1000 has grooves in either side of the viewfinder.
It looks like something should slide on and attach to them in some way.
I'd think it'd be things like waist level finders, magnifiers, or eyecups. Anyone know of any specifically, though?

Name:  20180803_210634.jpg
Views: 2818
Size:  178.7 KB

08-03-2018, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, there are loupes, right angle finders, diopters, and more. Head over to the accessory db for a fairly comprehensive list

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-03-2018, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

diopters and what you said. Looks like you have the 'brown SE' version with SE engraved in the front. Nice
08-03-2018, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, there are loupes, right angle finders, diopters, and more. Head over to the accessory db for a fairly comprehensive list
Alrighty, I'll check it out! Thanks!

---------- Post added 08-03-18 at 07:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
diopters and what you said. Looks like you have the 'brown SE' version with SE engraved in the front. Nice
Yep, got it for $10 with 5 lenses at an auction!

Thanks!

08-03-2018, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ropuchy Quote
Yep, got it for $10 with 5 lenses at an auction!

Thanks!
nice!!!

---------- Post added 04-08-18 at 12:25 PM ----------

next you will be wanting more, like this one

Pentax K1000 Asahi 35mm Camera, Pentax-M 1:2 50mm Lens & Vivitar 2000 Elec Flash | eBay
08-03-2018, 07:29 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Accessories to fit the viewfinder frame for K cameras include:
  • Diopters - I believe the are six, in 1-diopter increments, -3 - +3
  • Refconverter (Right Angle Finder)
  • Magnifier (flip up style for critical focus)
  • Eye cups - various, including suitable for custom ground diopter lens insert
I think that’s all.

Be sure not to confuse K versions with M versions. Pentax slightly enlarged the frame on the M cameras and the M accessories fit your K1000SE frame very loosely.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-03-2018 at 07:41 PM.
08-03-2018, 07:32 PM   #7

Original Poster
nice!!!

---------- Post added 04-08-18 at 12:25 PM ----------

next you will be wanting more, like this one

Pentax K1000 Asahi 35mm Camera, Pentax-M 1:2 50mm Lens & Vivitar 2000 Elec Flash | eBay
Looks like I missed the listing! "This Buy it Now listing has now ended"
But based on the link, it was one with the black leather covering with a Pentax-M 1:2 50mm and Vivitar 2000 flash.
Funnily enough, my Pentax came with 2 Pentax-M 1:2 50mm lenses and a Vivitar 560D!

But yeah, I can see myself getting a few more film cameras. Been looking at some TLRs and whatnot.

08-03-2018, 07:32 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Be sure not to confuse K versions with M versions. Pentax slightly enlarged the frame on the M cameras and the M accessories fit very loosely.
excellent advice
08-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #9

Original Poster
The Accessories to fit the viewfinder frame for K cameras include:
  • Diopters - I believe the are six, in 1-diopter increments, -3 - +3
  • Refconverter (Right Angle Finder)
  • Magnifier (flip up style for critical focus)
  • Eye cups - various, including suitable for custom ground diopter lens insert
I think that’s all.

Be sure not to confuse K versions with M versions. Pentax slightly enlarged the frame on the M cameras and the M accessories fit very loosely.
Alright, thanks for the info!
Good to know the K and M model discrepancies!
08-03-2018, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Looks like I missed the listing! "This Buy it Now listing has now ended"
But based on the link, it was one with the black leather covering with a Pentax-M 1:2 50mm and Vivitar 2000 flash.
Funnily enough, my Pentax came with 2 Pentax-M 1:2 50mm lenses and a Vivitar 560D!

But yeah, I can see myself getting a few more film cameras. Been looking at some TLRs and whatnot.
look closely at the black leatherette - there is conjecture as to whether or not this version is 'genuine' or not. I subscribe to it being a genuine version. In any case there are very few of them and they were produced very early in the the production period (1977?). Like yours, it has a split prism in the focusing screen - an addition made to 'SE' versions.
08-03-2018, 07:38 PM   #11

Original Poster
look closely at the black leatherette - there is conjecture as to whether or not this version is 'genuine' or not. I subscribe to it being a genuine version. In any case there are very few of them and they were produced very early in the the production period (1977?). Like yours, it has a split prism in the focusing screen - an addition made to 'SE' versions.
Ok, interesting!
I can't see the Ebay listing, so I'll take your word for it!

But yeah, I can see how collecting film cameras could easily become a bit of an obsession. Trying to find all those low production oddities and whatnot.
08-03-2018, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Back to basics! with a curious K1000 SE? diamond pattern leatherette w/ SE sticker - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 04-08-18 at 12:43 PM ----------

yes, camera buying addition is easy to catch

Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Pentax Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
08-03-2018, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, interesting!
I can't see the Ebay listing, so I'll take your word for it!

But yeah, I can see how collecting film cameras could easily become a bit of an obsession. Trying to find all those low production oddities and whatnot.
I have 33 working film cameras and that’s a modest collection. There’s a current thread asking the question how many film cameras you own. I think the high reported number so far is 203.
08-03-2018, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Pentax Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
08-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #15

Original Poster
Oh, very interesting!
I love the way it looks. I bet it'd be very easy to get a good grip on while wearing gloves or if your fingers were a little wet.

---------- Post added 08-03-18 at 07:48 PM ----------

I have 33 working film cameras and that’s a modest collection. There’s a current thread asking the question how many film cameras you own. I think the high reported number so far is 203.
That's quite a lot!
I have 2, one being my K1000 SE and the other being my Nikon FE.
It's not too unreasonable to imagine someone having so many, especially when people are basically giving these old film cameras away, unknowing their value.