Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Sadly, I think the complex chemistry required for Kodachrome makes its revival unlikely, especially considering how uncommon labs that will do the (much simpler) E-6 development process for Ektachrome and other slide films are.
Our local lab stopped doing E6... They said they had on average 8 rolls of film a month, which didn't make sense financially...

08-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Great news that it's finally in the hands of beta testers. Hopefully Kodak will have chosen testers with an online presence who will be allowed to put their results out where we can see them (just please not Ren Kockwell).
Check the article, it has the IG links for at least 3 of the testers and their images are looking nice with a range of photographers from studio/portrait to landscape.

---------- Post added 08-19-18 at 02:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Our local lab stopped doing E6... They said they had on average 8 rolls of film a month, which didn't make sense financially...
Its the same here in NZ, from doing some research there are 3 or 4 labs in the entire country who still process E-6
08-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Borealis in Montreal is probably the closest place to you left that still does it. I know that's where my local lab ships all their E-6 out to.
08-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Borealis in Montreal is probably the closest place to you left that still does it. I know that's where my local lab ships all their E-6 out to.
That's the place that the lab where I usually go recommended. There is another lab that was doing E-6 as late as last year here in Ottawa. They didn't inspire too much confidence though. Seems like the guy who runs the place knows what he is doing, but the front staff don't.

08-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Photo Service (also here in Montreal) lists E-6 among the services they provide: Film Traditionel | Photo Service :: Magasin référence en appareil photo
11-16-2019, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yep it's getting close! Wonder how one becomes an official Kodak tester? Employee?

Phil.
this is what I would like to know