Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 08:34 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Film shops around the world

Hi!

I had the idea of collect on a single Map all the Film shops around the world. This, after finishing my rolls a bit too early this summer...

I realized that a simple Google search can not provide always good result and above all, the advice of a local person could be really precious about quality, speed of developing, or if the shop is no more there (what happened to me).

I made this Google Module where you can fill the infos about your favourite shop, the one near you, or just the one you found for the first time this year.

(if you prefer, you can send me a private message, or even post the infos here. Module was made for people I can't reach from the forum. These the infos I need: name of the shop, website, phone number, if it's a shop, a darkroom or a person, price of a roll of portra400 or Colorplus200 36exp and, if it's a shop, if it sell cameras, do prints/scans)

Once I receive it, I add on this Google Map page so that everyone can see it (you can find the link also at the end on the Google Module).
So far, I've added only the ones I know from my area (Italy).

I don't know if this can be useful or helpful. But if it is, please consider to share your place!

Last edited by gabro822; 08-27-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added infos to send
08-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That's a great idea. I was looking for some film this summer and had to ask the good people here
08-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great idea, I'll add my local shop ASAP
08-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice! I've edit my post: if you prefer (in the case of multiple shops) you can send me a PM or even post here!

08-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice idea. I added one in Lima, Peru. Just wondered, if the place already can be found on Google maps, wouldnt it help if the link could be provided as well in the module?
08-27-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds great. I will see about adding info for places around me.
08-27-2018, 09:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucafrita Quote
Nice idea. I added one in Lima, Peru. Just wondered, if the place already can be found on Google maps, wouldnt it help if the link could be provided as well in the module?
You mean to add the Google page of your shop? You can do in the last field of the Module "more info" and I will add to the pin point on the map. You can post here insteat of making a new Module.

I've add all your entries so far, thank you!

08-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I'll add the few I know later today.

At least all camera stores that I've seen in person have at least hp5 or tri-x and kodak gold or superia, but more often higher end options too.
08-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
I'll add the few I know later today.

At least all camera stores that I've seen in person have at least hp5 or tri-x and kodak gold or superia, but more often higher end options too.
Thank you!

Yes, I've mentioned Portra or Colorplus because here small shops have just cheap film.

You can add the film you want, because if someone is searching that particular film, he/she have already an idea of the range price.

It is just as an additional criteria to choose between shops. Actually not mandatory, but I thought it would be nice to have an idea.
08-27-2018, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Related:

The Emulsive Global Film Lab Map
08-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Wow I didn't found it before, thank you! This is actually great!
08-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #12

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea! I added two for Orlando, Florida, USA.
08-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I submitted the shop I currently use to develop. Did you pick these emulsions as representative, or because in Italy portra and colorplus (I like it a lot btw) are about the same price? Here it's about $4 for color plus and $7.5 for portra 400 (160 is a little less)
08-28-2018, 01:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
I submitted the shop I currently use to develop. Did you pick these emulsions as representative, or because in Italy portra and colorplus (I like it a lot btw) are about the same price? Here it's about $4 for color plus and $7.5 for portra 400 (160 is a little less)
I picked them because in Italy they are the most common film you can find in shops, representing the cheap and expensive category. Price usually are for ColorPlus 4€ and for Portra 8-10€

Thank you for your entries, I've added a few on the map!