Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 03:29 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
The K series has 52m filter threads in general. Now I prefer K series, but I can't really explain why. I read about better IQ with K series, but I couldn't check it. Size is not an issue with these lenses I think.
Yep I realise that. I wasn't suggesting the M series because of the filter thread, rather just the benefit of getting a whole line-up of lenses from the same series (rather than getting a mix of M and K lenses and needing both 52mm and 49mm filters). It's not a huge issue, just a convenience thing...

08-31-2018, 04:01 AM   #17
Pentaxian

I really like the 35mm FoV and I do much more portrait work than anything other, so speed is important for me. Does the sharpness difference visible on film too?
I wouldn't like to use MF glass on DSLRs. I wear glasses and I does not see what's in focus with modern viewfinders. In LV the KP needs too much batteries for a day, so I stick to high end AF lenses.
I only use my k35 with film SLRs. My DSLR is a Canon full frame so the K35 can't be used on it, even with an adaptor.
08-31-2018, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K series has 52m filter threads in general. Now I prefer K series, but I can't really explain why. I read about better IQ with K series, but I couldn't check it. Size is not an issue with these lenses I think.

The K series is the closest you get to the M42 Takumar/Super-Takumar/S-M-C Takumar build quality and feel. The M series is not bad, but the K series lenses just tend to be that little bit nicer (At least in my experience).