I will! I'm guessing after all this, they will not be great. :^D

09-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I will! I'm guessing after all this, they will not be great. :^D
You could finish up the roll on something else great 🙂

How did you meter? My Petri doesn’t have one (I use my phone) and I recall a lot of concerts that were too dim for a K1000 (hooray Super Program in the 90s)

Fuji had a good loading system in the 90s. The back door didn’t open all the way normally. You pulled out enough leader that it aligned with a mark, then just dropped it in. It prewound the film and then shot it back into the canister...

-Eric
09-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
You could finish up the roll on something else great 🙂

How did you meter? My Petri doesn’t have one (I use my phone) and I recall a lot of concerts that were too dim for a K1000 (hooray Super Program in the 90s)

Fuji had a good loading system in the 90s. The back door didn’t open all the way normally. You pulled out enough leader that it aligned with a mark, then just dropped it in. It prewound the film and then shot it back into the canister...

-Eric
My Petri does have a meter, but the ISO setting only goes up to 800, and honestly it was way to dark to deal with that anyway. I winged it, using the Ultimate Exposure Calculator.
09-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
My Petri does have a meter, but the ISO setting only goes up to 800, and honestly it was way to dark to deal with that anyway. I winged it, using the Ultimate Exposure Calculator.
I've measured the results of the light meter app on my phone to what I'd pick using my one-degree spot meter which I'd otherwise use under some tough conditions. The phone app does well when I use the picture taking feature it has to determine the exposure. It looks like you get more sophisticated matrix metering.